Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOS Cards for AA Employees

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2000, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
SOS Cards for AA Employees

Most elite members will find an insert in their monthly AAdvantage statement that contains (4) four SOS Cards. These are to be given to those employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. These can given to employees in person or mailed to those who are on the phone as well. I have called customer service and requested more SOS cards (four just isn't enough). Customer service employees must not expect SOS cards to be given to them. When I asked to have another set mailed out, I basically was patronized and alienated. I can't believe how rude these folks were on the phone (4 different phone calls within one week.) I guess the customer service agents are just bitter because they don't get SOS cards (I wonder why). Should I just call AA/Exec and request that a supervisor or manager mail these to me since AA Customer Service was so rude and uncooperative? I am still a little steamed about the whole matter - almost takes the spirit out of the whole process. However, I won't let a few bitter employees ruin it for other employees that are outstanding (which I have run into more good than bad so far).

*FYI-SOS cards allow employees certificates towards travel and stuff. They are only to be given to those employees who really go the extra mile - choose your employees carefully.

Old Aug 8, 2000, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
There was a fairly long thread about SOS certificates in June. Check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/001069.html .
Old Aug 8, 2000, 7:45 pm

Customer Service reps do not expect to receive SOS cards, but they are surely welcome as it does go in their personnel folder and enhances their performance review.

I would say that calling AA customer service 4 times in a week and getting 4 rude and uncooperative agents is so astronomical that I cant even comprenhend it. Their calls are monitored frequently and I can assure you that any signs of consistent poor telephone manners will get them on the street faster than a delayed flight, which is often. Its not like they have a free reign to antagonize the members at will. And most would not if they could. They do have some limitations to what they are empowered to do. But the next time you get the type of treatment you say you receive, ask for the supervisor.

Im not saying many of these people dont have the right answers, and some may even become defensive, but being trained to be rude and alienate AAdvanatge members is not what you will find in AAdvantage Customer Service, just the opposite. This is all from only my personal observation.

[This message has been edited by Island (edited 08-08-2000).]
Old Aug 8, 2000, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I found somebody at the RDU international center tonight that definitely deserved an SOS.

She helped me with a bunch of questions to set up a difficult ARN-BCN Swissair/Crossair award reservation including an overnight in Zurich on the outbound. Then she researched a brand new westbound D discount business class fare that AA is launching from ARN to match SAS. Finally she made a reservation for me in case the fare disappered overnight before my travel agent gets in.

I was probably on the phone for 20 to 25 minutes with her. That's a lot in any circumstance.

I got her name (Rebecca) but as a lowly gold I haven't had any SOSes in my latest mailings. I told her that I'd try to track one down this week and send it in to her. She was obviously shocked, and thanked me for thinking of her. I plan on asking at the Admirals' Club at ORD on Thursday night and seeing if I can get a few.
Old Aug 8, 2000, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's great. I always like it when I have a chance to give someone a SOS. I'd suggest you call AAdvantace customer service and ask them to send you some SOSs, because the Admirals Club has never been any assistance in the matter for me.

d
Old Aug 9, 2000, 7:50 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I agree with Doppy. Only Customer Service seems to have them.

Call the Gold Desk and ask for AAdvantage Customer Service (there is no direct line to them). Then, once they are on the phone, as for them to send you some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.