FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SOS Cards for AA Employees
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2000, 8:33 am
AAdvantageGuy

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
SOS Cards for AA Employees

Most elite members will find an insert in their monthly AAdvantage statement that contains (4) four SOS Cards. These are to be given to those employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. These can given to employees in person or mailed to those who are on the phone as well. I have called customer service and requested more SOS cards (four just isn't enough). Customer service employees must not expect SOS cards to be given to them. When I asked to have another set mailed out, I basically was patronized and alienated. I can't believe how rude these folks were on the phone (4 different phone calls within one week.) I guess the customer service agents are just bitter because they don't get SOS cards (I wonder why). Should I just call AA/Exec and request that a supervisor or manager mail these to me since AA Customer Service was so rude and uncooperative? I am still a little steamed about the whole matter - almost takes the spirit out of the whole process. However, I won't let a few bitter employees ruin it for other employees that are outstanding (which I have run into more good than bad so far).

*FYI-SOS cards allow employees certificates towards travel and stuff. They are only to be given to those employees who really go the extra mile - choose your employees carefully.