Wiki Posts
Search

Policy -boarding OneWorld members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Policy -boarding OneWorld members

On one of our recent AA flights I thought that they announced that One World member guests [we're BA] could board early. I only heard this on four of the segments. When I asked the ticket taker what the policy was on this she refused to answer! As we all know, a problem with boarding last, in group 4, as we did is that there was no room left in the rear bins for my real carry on bag [small, no wheels]. Luckily, it did happen to fit under the seat in front of me, but what if it hadn't? All other AA staff were very polite to us during our flights. We even were moved from two middle seats to the same row, aisle and middle.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You should be able to board with the corresponding AA group level. What Oneworld level are you?

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Feb 19, 2013 at 6:53 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/priorityaaccess.jsp
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
If you are, as your sig block states, BA Blue, you have no basis for early access; if you are BA Bronze, Silver or Gold, you have Priority Access, as indicated on the page referred to by guv1976.

Originally Posted by daph
On one of our recent AA flights I thought that they announced that One World member guests [we're BA] could board early. I only heard this on four of the segments. When I asked the ticket taker what the policy was on this she refused to answer! As we all know, a problem with boarding last, in group 4, as we did is that there was no room left in the rear bins for my real carry on bag [small, no wheels]. Luckily, it did happen to fit under the seat in front of me, but what if it hadn't? All other AA staff were very polite to us during our flights. We even were moved from two middle seats to the same row, aisle and middle.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by daph
Luckily, it did happen to fit under the seat in front of me, but what if it hadn't?
It would have had to be gate checked if it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you. And, as noted, if you are BA Blue, you don't have Oneworld status and aren't entitled to boarding with any of the AA elite levels, as your status is not equivalent to any of AA's elite levels.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Well, it is, actually - AAdvantage "white card"/ Unfortunately for the OP, no status = no love.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It would have had to be gate checked if it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you. And, as noted, if you are BA Blue, you don't have Oneworld status and aren't entitled to boarding with any of the AA elite levels, as your status is not equivalent to any of AA's elite levels.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JDiver
Well, it is, actually - AAdvantage "white card"/ Unfortunately for the OP, no status = no love.
I would hardly call it "elite" though .
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Thanks for your helpful responses. As a BA blue forever, I'll just hope for the best with my carry on. We did pay to check in our Travel Pro 28" roll aboard both to and from FL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.