Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Yes to both!
More info here as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Thanks! Thats all I wanted to hear! Now to find out the quality of the lounges in SFO and DFW and look for alternatives if they are awful!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
Thanks! Thats all I wanted to hear! Now to find out the quality of the lounges in SFO and DFW and look for alternatives if they are awful!
SFO is basic, but my personal favorite. No other practical options as there is only the AA lounge in terminal 2.

DFW is a whole other story. 4 AA lounges to choose from. A has the best showers. D the best views of planes. B and C are tiny and I would skip. Discussed heavily below for pros and cons. I like D myself, but I'm a plane geek at heart!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...solidated.html
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by btwayland
This is correct. Iberia flights ex-US to Spain in I class earn 100% base miles, 25% class of service bonus, and you earn 1.5 points per mile. As a platinum on AA, you earn 100% redeemable bonus miles.

If you posted the exact routing, we could calculate more accurately.

For example, JFK-MAD (one way) on IBXXXX in I class (business), would look like this:

BIS = 3,589
EQM = 3,589
EQP = 5,384
EQS = 1
MMM = 3,589
COS Bonus = 897
PLT Bonus = 3,589
RDM = 8,075
Thank you so much for your help, that's perfect
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:44 am

Will be flying SJO-MIA-CDG on 2 separate tickets :
- SJO (San Jose Costa Rica) -MIA booked on AA & operated by AA
- MIA-CDG booked on Iberia (on AA Metal)

6 hours layover in MIA

Can I have my bags checked all the way to CDG ?

I know that in all cases I'll have to pick up by bags in MIA for customs but if they're tagged to CDG I won't need to have them retagged in MIA
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Miles+copay has the same procedure as a SWU upgrade. It can clear instantly if there is available inventory (C). Otherwise, you will be put on the wait list.
Thank you so very much! Am I correct in assuming that I can find out about that inventory with either an expert flyer subscription or by calling in to an agent?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by twiggers
Thank you so very much! Am I correct in assuming that I can find out about that inventory with either an expert flyer subscription or by calling in to an agent?
Yup. Both calling AA or checking EF will reveal C inventory.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Will be flying SJO-MIA-CDG on 2 separate tickets :
- SJO (San Jose Costa Rica) -MIA booked on AA & operated by AA
- MIA-CDG booked on Iberia (on AA Metal)

6 hours layover in MIA

Can I have my bags checked all the way to CDG ?

I know that in all cases I'll have to pick up by bags in MIA for customs but if they're tagged to CDG I won't need to have them retagged in MIA
Yes, presuming your baggage handler knows what they are doing. Be sure to have both itn's in hand and point out your final destination is CDG.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:11 am

I am a Plat. If I redeem an award for my parents with my miles, do they get access to MCE seating? If not, does EXP get this 'perk'? Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:34 am

Thank you SFO!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by infamousdx
I am a Plat. If I redeem an award for my parents with my miles, do they get access to MCE seating? If not, does EXP get this 'perk'? Thanks.
Nope and nope. Not unless you're flying with them...
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, presuming your baggage handler knows what they are doing. Be sure to have both itn's in hand and point out your final destination is CDG.
Thank you Roger.
Otherwise they may send my bags to some interesting parts of the world
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:15 pm

Aadvantage

Hi
A noob question here....

I booked a trip from LAX to HNL in jan. Using British airway points and fly on American airline. I have Aadvantage credit card plantium card which has an annual fee but comes with free checked bag and group 1 boarding. However, I tried to confirm these benefits with AA but they said benefit only apples to flights operated and marketed by AA, since my is marketed by BA, I can't use those benefit??

But if I can, how or who do I call? Thank you for your time
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by cloud51620
Hi
A noob question here....

I booked a trip from LAX to HNL in jan. Using British airway points and fly on American airline. I have Aadvantage credit card plantium card which has an annual fee but comes with free checked bag and group 1 boarding. However, I tried to confirm these benefits with AA but they said benefit only apples to flights operated and marketed by AA, since my is marketed by BA, I can't use those benefit??

But if I can, how or who do I call? Thank you for your time
Get the AA record locator for your PNR, and substitute your AAdvantage number for your BAEC number in the PNR. That might solve the problem.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:39 pm

Noob question here.

I'm looking at booking an award flight in business class next July (the 30th). I checked and it seems the flight on AA metal is showing 0 availability currently. I searched again under fares and it's showing all the seats as available (which I assume to mean they just haven't released seats and it's not actually full?). Would I have a chance in January or no? What's my best chance at booking a seat with miles?

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by uneeq
Noob question here.

I'm looking at booking an award flight in business class next July (the 30th). I checked and it seems the flight on AA metal is showing 0 availability currently. I searched again under fares and it's showing all the seats as available (which I assume to mean they just haven't released seats and it's not actually full?). Would I have a chance in January or no? What's my best chance at booking a seat with miles?

Thanks
I'm assuming your looking for MileSAAver awards. It's very hard to predict whether inventory will open up, and impossible without knowing the route.

Remember that it's not how many seats are available now that matters, but how many seats are available right before takeoff. If AA thinks it can fill the plane without releasing any sAAver awards, then it won't release any sAAver awards.

See this thread for more info.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.