Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:29 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by standingoten
Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can find C class availability on a flight to use a SWU?
The only publicly available source is www.expertflyer.com
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:24 am

Hello all,

I tried using the search function but didn't get a result. That being said is there a thread on the new-style all-leather interiors on the 737-800 fleet?

My question is the following: have any of the new 737-800s that have recently been delivered been fitted with the new all leather seats with entertainment screens such as those that will be found on the upcoming Airbus aircraft?

According to the website this interior will be fitted on new deliveries but I can't seem to find any mention of it here.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Found a thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...an-2013-a.html

and it would seem that the new 738 deliveries aren't receiving the new interior till Oct. 2013 so the first aircraft to be fitted will be the Airbus 319s. http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsr...nouncement.jsp

These aircraft will be delivered beginning with the A319s in July 2013, followed by the Boeing 737-800s in Oct. 2013 and the A321s in 2Q14.

Last edited by evanderm; Jul 23, 2013 at 8:33 am
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:43 am

I'm exec plat for 6 yrs, but due to illness will fall short of EQM in 2013. With merger, should I wait til Jan 2014 and buy US Chairman status?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Weclome to FlyerTalk, rwolfwhiz.

The airlines have not yet been fully approved for the merger, though I doubt anyone believes this will not eventually occur. But nobody can predict when there will be a full integration of frequent flyer programs between US and AA, much less what the final program will look like. You could buy Chariman's in 2014, assume they continue offering it through 2014 - but we don't know if it will make much difference on the "new AA".

There's a lengthy speculation thread on what may (or may not) occur with the reverse takeover merger - you may want to peruse that.

N.B. There is no need to use the "Alert a moderator to this post" radio button to get an answer - we have many knowledgeable members who will reply and many monitor this thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 23, 2013 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by RDUWanderer
This is probably correct. Booking with miles requires a significant degree of flexibility and/or extreme luck. Trying to get a specific itinerary on relatively short notice is just...unlikely.

Probably not. If you are EXP, just maybe, but still very unlikely.

The odds are not in your favor.

Your new plan sounds like a much better option.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply! You've confirmed my assumtions... Oh well, just need to work on getting those miles a little while longer.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: Fairmont
Anyone knows how the fees for Main Cabin Extra work? I'm taking two flights in ~ 3 weeks and for both flights, the price is; $62.69. Any chances it'll go down? What should I do?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by maRsaKiC
Anyone knows how the fees for Main Cabin Extra work? I'm taking two flights in ~ 3 weeks and for both flights, the price is; $62.69. Any chances it'll go down? What should I do?
No, I believe the price for MCE is fixed per flight. The price you'll see is the price you'll get. If you want a guarantee for MCE, then I'd say buy it before they all get taken. You may have some luck asking an airport agent for an MCE seat prior to departure, but that's completely YMMV, as you can imagine.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Fairmont
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
No, I believe the price for MCE is fixed per flight. The price you'll see is the price you'll get. If you want a guarantee for MCE, then I'd say buy it before they all get taken. You may have some luck asking an airport agent for an MCE seat prior to departure, but that's completely YMMV, as you can imagine.
Thanks for your answer. I'll most likely take it for one of the flight, but for the return it looks like all seats are taken (except the one you can pay). I guess I should wait for the return? What do you think?

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AA: GLD
I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't think of the right combination of keywords to search on...

I've flown a decent amount with AA, but the other week was my first experience with a connection that was the same flight number. AA seems to think that means they should only give me EQM/EQP and segments based on the origin and destination as if it was a non-stop flight.

Has anyone had any luck in getting proper credit in a case like this? After all, I did go through DFW (and even had to change planes), regardless of flight numbers and flight crews being the same during the whole trip.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Hi, Just today my Platinum status came through on the status challenge program. I am in the middle of a return flight from EDI -> SEA (so returning to EDI next week). THe flight back is BA metal but AA flight numbers. I went to my booking in AA.com and went to choose my seats, it took me through to the BA.com manage my booking site but when I went to choose my seats its asking for £ or I can choose my seat at check in.

I was under the impression that as AA Platinum I should be able to choose my seats for free but it appears that BA don't recognise my status. I double checked the booking and my AA FF number is in there. ALso, even when I checked a few days ago, while Gold on AA, it was still saying that its was a cost or 24 hours in advance but for the flight over to SEA it said 7 days in advance, as i was gold.

Any thoughts on how to rectify this?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by phroenips
I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't think of the right combination of keywords to search on...

I've flown a decent amount with AA, but the other week was my first experience with a connection that was the same flight number. AA seems to think that means they should only give me EQM/EQP and segments based on the origin and destination as if it was a non-stop flight.

Has anyone had any luck in getting proper credit in a case like this? After all, I did go through DFW (and even had to change planes), regardless of flight numbers and flight crews being the same during the whole trip.
Unfortunately, if it's one flight number, it's treated as a nonstop flight, and that's how you'll earn for it. The proper terminology for this is a "through flight", and doing an advanced search, titles only for "through" will find you this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-flights.html
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG PLT, HH GLD
I'm booking a LAX-JFK flight for 2 weeks from now. There's no more C inventory available. Is it possible to wait list for Miles+Copay and using stickers at the same time?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by swimdude92
I'm booking a LAX-JFK flight for 2 weeks from now. There's no more C inventory available. Is it possible to wait list for Miles+Copay and using stickers at the same time?
Unfortunately, no. We have to choose between waitlisting for X inventory (in your case stickers, but also EXP complimentary upgrades) or C/A inventory (miles+copay or SWUs).
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
To savitar: it took a few days for my EXP status on AA to be reflected on BA flights. I had to speak with a nice lady in England who refreshed my account, and I was able to select seats. Since you are in the US, you might try called BA to refresh your account (what I think they did was remove my AA FF number and then re-inserted it).
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by swimdude92
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Unfortunately, no. We have to choose between waitlisting for X inventory (in your case stickers, but also EXP complimentary upgrades) or C/A inventory (miles+copay or SWUs).
Some discussion on it here. There are reports on both sides.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ests-cant.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.