Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I received the Gold offer also. I'm ORD based and normally fly UA.

This is a big temptation, but if AA/US merge, than I know their FF program will be just as diluted as UA's.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by freak_wentflying
Not only that... also THIS?
This seems like a slap in the face.

Those of us who earn status through BIS (DEQM ), did not receive an invite have a reason to be unhappy. HOWEVER, it still requires a fair amount of travel, helps AMR sell tickets during an otherwise slower travel season, effect is similar to last fall's DEQM promotion - but does not cost AMR the extra miles.

That said: if this is all about revenue, higher value customers, why not set the bogies as points rather than miles, as done with challenges.

I do not plan to fly 30k revenue miles between now May 31, so there is little benefit to me; would be interesting to know if anyone not receiving the offer but in a position to quality called, asked to be included, but denied.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:06 pm
formerly gohima

Let gold lapse, though I logged around 15K miles on AA even as the merger looms and no offer. Oh well.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold ,DL Gold,AA,HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diver858
Those of us who earn status through BIS (DEQM ), did not receive an invite have a reason to be unhappy. HOWEVER, it still requires a fair amount of travel, helps AMR sell tickets during an otherwise slower travel season, effect is similar to last fall's DEQM promotion - but does not cost AMR the extra miles.

That said: if this is all about revenue, higher value customers, why not set the bogies as points rather than miles, as done with challenges.

I do not plan to fly 30k revenue miles between now May 31, so there is little benefit to me; would be interesting to know if anyone not receiving the offer but in a position to quality called, asked to be included, but denied.
Diver, the offer I got for plat which stated that to keep it I need 12000 miles or points so it appears to be both.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Anyone get their upgrades deposited yet? I registered for the gold (haha say the PLT code after)... although I doubt this will work I didnt want to push my luck by registering for both
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Dammit, some of us just signed up for the PLT challenge! I could have saved the $200, gotten the upgrades, and still easily meet the requirements for PLT in April/May.

Not. Frickin'. Impressed.

Good luck, everyone.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by RICH W
If they were not even gold to begin with, the likelihood that they will meet the requirements to keep Plat and use those upgrades is slim.
They only need to fly 12K miles to keep it. They already have enough 2013 flights booked for that. Theyre always like 5k miles short of GLD. Anyway, even if they dont keep it, they still get 20 500m upgrades. Thats ridiculous.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I wish I had the EXP offer. I have 9 straight weeks of travel booked.

As an existing Plat, I'm not too worried or bothered by the offer. All airlines offer challenges and freebie offers to boost revenue.

If they really wanted to boost revenue, they should offer DEQM again systemwide.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA, HHonors
is there an EXP offer? I wonder what the code is for that?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
No offers here, wish they had sent me one I could easily fly 30k on aa by may 30th if the offer appears in my inbox but I wont hold my breath I will do the challenge in april but this would have been better how long does it take to status to appear online?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I flew more in the last half of the year then ever before, and earned PLT with DEQM one week earlier than I would have earned it BIS, with no flights in that week. Although I mostly fly TATL, I do usually use low fares. I didn't receive any emails, nor did my family who also flew more than double their usual pattern.

Before they announced the DEQMS, I had been toying with changing one flight to after the first of the year to get the ELTA2 gift as I would have had a much higher points/miles ratio. I decided it wasn't worth it, but now wondering whether I made the wrong choice.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by badjuju
Indeed. I wish AA would at least give me a chance for EXP. Man, I'm so pissed. I'm just going to avoid thinking of it.
lol
Same. It's an insult to those of us who were loyal to American.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:49 am

What if you buy miles?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by farmertom
is there an EXP offer? I wonder what the code is for that?
take a guess..
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Panamajon513
Same. It's an insult to those of us who were loyal to American.
Then I guess you will just have to get used to it.. fast track status promotions is the norm for most airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.