Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance Question AA-JL-CX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alhcfp
The re-issued ticket (from AA) has no luggage info, except the boilerplate AA baggage info.

Do I have to go onto JAL website with JAL res number to get complete baggage rules?
How about just giving JL a call?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
I will do that tomorrow. Of course, just like calling AA, not sure how accurate any info will be.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I will do that tomorrow. Of course, just like calling AA, not sure how accurate any info will be.
If they check the reservation and it has the details there, it will be accurate methunks
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:09 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If they check the reservation and it has the details there, it will be accurate methunks
But chanp had to ask the supervisor to override the allowance displayed when he checked in at CX counter. So either the system was wrong or chanp was wrong regarding JAL being the MSC on his inbound flights to TYO
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Called JL- Since it is an award ticketed by AA, the ticket does not have the baggage allowance listed. They said I am entitled to 3 x 70lbs going, but not sure returning.

I will follow chanp's advice- print out all the various rules and then argue.

I will also try to get as close to the CX limit as possible on the return, so, if I am over, it will not be by a large margin.

Thanks all for your help. I always find it amazing that one cannot find definitive answers on airline websites and by calling the airlines. Yet, the most credible answers with research back-up comes from the FT community.

THANKS AGAIN

Last edited by alhcfp; Mar 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm Reason: typos
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Called JL- Since it is an award ticketed by AA, the ticket does not have the baggage allowance listed. They said I am entitled to 3 x 70lbs going, but not sure returning.

I will follow chanp's advice- print out all the various rules and then argue.

I will also try to get as close to the CX limit as possible on the return, so, if I am over, it will not be by a large margin.

Thanks all for your help. I always find it amazing that one cannot find definitive answers on airline websites and by calling the airlines. Yet, the most credible answers with research back-up comes from the FT community.

THANKS AGAIN
Why don't you call CX they will be the one enforcing it on your inbound.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:56 am

Here's a bit of a funny one - Flying from POS-MIA-JFK on AA, and then onwards to HKG/BKK on American Airlines codeshare (Cathay operating). I think that AA should be the MSC, as they operate the codeshare, and are also the first airline to cross a subarea (subarea 1 in this case, from POS-MIA).

That said, what AA baggage allowance would apply? One free checked bag (the Caribbean-US allowance), or two?

AA allows two free checked bags on flights from the Caribbean to China/Japan, but doesn't list an allowance for Asia more generally. I am guessing it would be two, but would like to know in advance.

And if one of these items is a wakeboard, less than 50lbs and 62", it would be just considered a second piece of baggage, correct, and not subject to sports equipment fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.