Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45K AA Points in Q4... any hope of bump to Executive Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
45K AA Points in Q4... any hope of bump to Executive Platinum?

My first year as a Delta Platinum (when that was the highest level), Delta noted my frequent purchase of last-minute, Business Elite tickets to South America, and bumped me from Silver to Platinum at the end of the year based on lots of (highly profitable) Q4 activity.

I'm on target to have 45K AA Points in Q4 alone... and I did no traveling for a long time before that. Is there any chance of some kind of challenge to get executive platinum? Delta did this, and it would be great if American did. I'm likely to earn Executive Platinum next year, but I'd rathe not wait if I don't have to

Also... short of that, is there a good way to get 5K more miles to make platinum? I have 15K Delta Skymiles and 35K HHonors points, if that helps.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Is that 45K points before or after the double bonus?
(AATHX )

If it doesn't count the bonus, then the answer is call AA.
The answer could be no, but if you don't ask, you are not going to have a chance
If it does count the bonus, then the answer is no

Now, had you had UA status, you would have gotten a match already if you had asked.

Last edited by mvoight; Nov 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BigDataFlyer
My first year as a Delta Platinum (when that was the highest level), Delta noted my frequent purchase of last-minute, Business Elite tickets to South America, and bumped me from Silver to Platinum at the end of the year based on lots of (highly profitable) Q4 activity.

I'm on target to have 45K AA Points in Q4 alone... and I did no traveling for a long time before that. Is there any chance of some kind of challenge to get executive platinum? Delta did this, and it would be great if American did. I'm likely to earn Executive Platinum next year, but I'd rathe not wait if I don't have to

Also... short of that, is there a good way to get 5K more miles to make platinum? I have 15K Delta Skymiles and 35K HHonors points, if that helps.
For most people, there is no Executive Platinum challenge. I have not ever heard of AA "bumping" someone to Executive Platinum who flew less than half of that mileage. The best way to get 5K more miles is to fly. Your Delta Skymiles and HHonors points are useless in this quest.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

I did not know about the AATHX bonus. 45K is without the bonus. I just entered, will it be retroactive?

As to getting comped, I think they only do this when your yearly run rate of miles is several hundred thousand, and you're very profitable. I've flown 35K points in business class, in six weeks. I'll call and ask, thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 5:37 pm

Executive Platinum, probably not. But you can sign up for a Platinum challenge for $200. 10k EQP will get you Platinum status until Feb. 2014, which should make your travel next year a little more better.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Executive Platinum, probably not. But you can sign up for a Platinum challenge for $200. 10k EQP will get you Platinum status until Feb. 2014, which should make your travel next year a little more better.
Now that I signed up for AATHX, I'll be Platinum no problem. Just seems like I shouldn't have to wait, given all the AA travel I'm doing. Then again, Delta spoiled me
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:02 pm

Now that I signed up for AATHX, I'll be Platinum no problem. Just seems like I shouldn't have to wait, given all the AA travel I'm doing. Then again, Delta spoiled me
There is a huge difference between Executive Platinum and Platinum. Not sure how close you are to 100k with the double promotion. But if you can make EXP with a couple of MR, I would do it.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:05 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to fly the mile to get the status - particularly in a period of double elite qualifying points.

We've all paid the price to get status and so should you - but you are lucky that there is a 2x promo in place. Very lucky.

But if you are flying paid business then having the status does little to improve your travel experience, so why sweat it?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I did not know about the AATHX bonus. 45K is without the bonus. I just entered, will it be retroactive?
It is not retroactive for flights before Nov 1

Last edited by mvoight; Nov 18, 2012 at 7:48 pm
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by mvoight
No, it is not retroactive.
Yes it is retroactive. Per the T&Cs:

"All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively."

As long as you are registered by Dec 31st, all flights from Nov 1st to Dec 31st will get DEQM/DEQP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.