Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose 1000 miles for listening to Video Wave (ends Nov 10 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Went to a nearby mall on a Hyatt Mattress Run the other day and stumbled upon a BOSE store there. Went in inquired about it, did the demo and they gave me the miles, no flyer needed.

Very cool system BTW!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by wadek08
Just wanted to report a success without a flyer in the Durham NC store. Went in and asked about the VideoWave AA credit and breezed right through it. Very impressive system, btw.
which store in Durham did you go to, i'm assuming this is the Southpoint one? Did they ask you for anything else besides your name and AA#?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:26 am

Yes, I went to the Bose in Southpoint. Nothing needed except name and AA#.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:03 pm

Visited the Bose Outlet today. Found some good deals at the addidas store next door as well.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by wadek08
Yes, I went to the Bose in Southpoint. Nothing needed except name and AA#.
thx, went to southpoint today and it was a simple process. they said to look for the miles in 8-10 days.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by hotstepper
thx, went to southpoint today and it was a simple process. they said to look for the miles in 8-10 days.
I'd settle for that turn-around time, but then again, I've been waiting 15 days now for my miles to post, and they are still outstanding.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
looking to try to find 8k miles by march..so i might end up trying this..
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
are you guys asking about the 1k miles before u listen?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Anyone see their miles post yet? Nothing here. I'm guessing it won't happen until the end of the promo on November 10.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I went in and checked it out today. I showed the guy the flyer but he barely glanced at it and showed me the demo for the TV (very dramatic I might add). Although there is some unique key number on the flyer, he never asked for it/read it. If you dont have the flyer I'd walk in and just say you got it in the mail but don't have it with you and you'd probably be fine.

He also kept on calling them 'American Airlines Express Points' so I don't think he quite knew what was going on.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Bose Airport Kiosks?

Here is a list of all Bose stores in the USA:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...llstores.jsp#t

If I read the thread correctly, FTers have successfully tested this Video Wave system at both Showcase Stores and Factory Stores.

Do we know if it is possible to do so at any of the Bose Airport Kiosks?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Do we know if it is possible to do so at any of the Bose Airport Kiosks?
The system incorporates a 46" flat-panel television, so I don't konw if the kiosks have those units.

I did the demo last Monday at the Sawgrass Mills store. Afterwards, the salesman looked through a long list of promos in his computer before finding the correct one, at which time he entered my data.

Given the ongoing promos for things like QC headphones etc, my guess is that some kind of regularly-timed sweep takes place for all Bose stores to transmit their information to AA.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:45 pm

I hit a Bose store on Saturday and the salesman wasn't sure what I was talking about but asked around and they pulled up a whole list of promos on their computer. Make sure they get American Airlines and not American Express. Name, AA number, and a brief demo and I was good-to-go.
-- -- -- -- --
Just got the following in e-mail in case anyone is interested in purchasing stuff:

Hear the Bose® difference for yourself. Discover how clear your phone conversations can sound with the new Bose Bluetooth® headset Series 2. Proprietary Bose technologies help you hear better in changing environments. The exclusive Bose noise-rejecting microphone system allows callers to hear you clearly, even when you're calling from a noisy or windy location.

A well-balanced design and soft StayHear® tips provide hours of comfortable wear, while intuitive controls make it easy to use. Choose left– or right–side versions for the best possible fit.

Purchase the new Bose Bluetooth headset Series 2 by December 31, 2011, and earn 375 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles.

AND

If music is important to you, quality sound probably is too. It can bring you closer to your favorite songs and artists, and enliven any room in your home. Bose makes this experience easy with the acclaimed Wave® music system.

Treat yourself to one today, and earn 2,000 AAdvantage miles with your purchase. This limited-time offer is just for AAdvantage members and ends December 31, 2011.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Since I was not targeted, and I go near the store once a week, decided to give it a try -The Store is in Downtown Chicago store located at Northbridge shopping area, on Grand/Rush.

Sat down during the presentation. Loved the TV!

I really want that TV, but it is way beyond my budget.

I mentioned the promo to the sales man, he said oh yes, typed my AA number into computer, told me that I was all set - so need for flyer, code, being targeted, etc - at least to get you into computer, we will see if I get the miles.

For all who want to purchase tv, you can get 10K bonus miles. Also if you turn in your old tv (any tv, any tv) you get a $500 credit.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Very cool system BTW!
- Did you notice that during the video portion of the presentation there was a WN 737 taking off - this was not cool at all!!! All shiny AA 777 would work much better for this promotion and the audience. We have mentioned this to the clerk at the store and he apologized that he has nothing to do with showing WN airplane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.