FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Bose 1000 miles for listening to Video Wave (ends Nov 10 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1264410-bose-1000-miles-listening-video-wave-ends-nov-10-2011-a.html)

Cannonball Run Sep 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Bose 1000 miles for listening to Video Wave (ends Nov 10 2011)

Just for listening - to the Video Wave System in one of their Bose Stores. 10,000 miles for purchase the system.

Offer ends November 10,2011. On the front of the mailer lists the 2 stores in the Los Angeles region.

Did a search didn't see this - feel free to merge - thanks.

Gamecock Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Cool!

I drive right by a Bose store on my way to and from church. Guess what I'll be doing Sunday @ 1:00 p.m. :D

econometrics Sep 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for sharing! That system is incredible, wish I had room in the ole' budget to pick one up, and nab those bonus miles.

BlissWorld Sep 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Any details? Do you need to bring the flyer? Or, just walk into the store and ask them about the 1000 AA mile demo promo?

timetogo Sep 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Received an invitation in the mail today. Offer said it was an exclusive invitation from Bose for American Airlines AAdvantage members and for more information to call 1-800-213-2073.
Good Luck.

skymatty Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Got my flyer in the mail today as well. T&C says to bring the flyer with you to the Bose store. Miles posts 6 to 8 weeks after the visit.

Stripy Sep 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by skymatty (Post 17195376)
Got my flyer in the mail today as well. T&C says to bring the flyer with you to the Bose store. Miles posts 6 to 8 weeks after the visit.

Very true! I read this thread just before heading out on a journey that took me right past a BOSE store. I dropped in and sure enough they knew about the promotion but no dice without the flyer (which I don't have) :rolleyes:

ByrdluvsAWACO Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm

I haven't received a flyer yet, and I will be near the Bose store in SF tomorrow. :(

sica4 Sep 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Flyer has a key number above your mailing address that is unique so I doubt there is much wiggle room for those who are 'flyerless'.

Edit: Didn't seem to need key number when I went it. You might be able to do it without a flyer.

dbuckho Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Thank you. Remembered seeing something Bose in my mail earlier this week. Just found the AA offer. Probably would have been thrown out tomorrow (Friday is trash day). I was actually at the mall today with the closest BOSE store - guess I will have to return this weekend.

mvoight Sep 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by sica4 (Post 17195967)
Flyer has a key number above your mailing address that is unique so I doubt there is much wiggle room for those who are 'flyerless'.

I love the "flyer" requirement. A very appropriate way to get FF miles :)

marnold3 Sep 29, 2011 10:39 pm

The only place I have seen this promotion is on this particular thread. I stopped by my local Bose Store (uninvited) and sat through a 15 minute demo on the system. I asked a few questions and they got my AAdvantage no. and name and said I had earned 1000 miles. They actually entered the data into their system and no certificate was offered as has been the case in previous Bose promotions. I will let you know if and when the miles post.

firstglobal Sep 29, 2011 11:02 pm

I've seen promotional literature like this come in the little (quarterly?) packets that they mail out to AAdvantage members - the ones with the account summary and a little booklet about one of AA's featured destinations. Not sure when the last one was, as I generally pay very little attention to these things.

NightTripper Oct 4, 2011 6:06 am

I got the mailer, went and checked out the TV at the Bose store five miles from my house, and the Bose agent typed a few things in the computer and said "all set".

Spent much longer time there than I thought I would, as I got comfy on their couch and the sales guy cranked up some Hendrix. Good stuff.

WestLA-FF Oct 4, 2011 9:37 am

Grrr.

We have 4 AA FF accounts at our house. Only the youngest son received the mailer, and he's only 10.
Wonder if I could use the flyer code, and give them my AA account #.