Wiki Posts
Search

AA151 BCN-JFK ugh

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miamigrad
Interesting. I think Diet Coke and Coke Zero taste nothing alike.

Coke Zero was intended to taste more like regular Coke, no?
Agreed. I love Coke Zero and can't stand Diet Coke. Definite large difference to me.

Wikipedia says "Coke Light" and "Diet Coke" are the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Coke

Of course, from country to country there may be some differences.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:07 pm

Keep the story going - waiting for the ugh part!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Perhaps the OP should use http://www.netjets.com/default.asp or http://www.deltaprivatejets.com/ for his next trip.

They might be more willing than AA to cater to his desire for a particular blend of one of the world's most nutritionally deficient drinks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The OP can blame my friend who sent a thank you letter to American for having Diet Coke on her last flight - she hadn't been able to find any in the country she'd been in for two weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wikipedia says "Coke Light" and "Diet Coke" are the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Coke

Of course, from country to country there may be some differences.
A traveler expecting the Coca Light blend found in France/Belgium/Germany/??? would find the taste of U.S. Diet Coke off-putting. From your Wikipedia link:

In other countries, in which cyclamates are not banned (as they were in the U.S. and the United Kingdom in 1970), Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Light may be sweetened with a blend containing cyclamates, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
My concern is the not the Diet Coke/Coke Light issue. I've noticed that sometimes they recirculate catered cans at JFK. Once when I was on Mad Dog from JFK-DFW, they had Coke Light cans. Another time on a domestic flight, they had Diet Coke bottled in the UK.

If concerned about the flavor, I suggest adding rum.

But ... as hinted above, my concern is the variety of Dr. Pepper served. I personally prefer the Dr. Pepper bottled in Dublin, Texas (aka Dublin Dr. Pepper), which is the original recipe as opposed to Dr. Pepper bottled elsewhere.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ate-giant.html

Plus, I'm not sure any of the customs forms are fully capable of being understood. Perhaps they've reduced the customs forms on board so there is less weight on the plane and they use less fuel.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

"Plus, I'm not sure any of the customs forms are fully capable of being understood. Perhaps they've reduced the customs forms on board so there is less weight on the plane and they use less fuel."

Ah ha...that's it. Why was I so stupid not to reealize it?

As far as Dr Pepper, I've never thought to bask but what I would want is Diet Dr Pepper Cherry. Somehow, I don't think they carry it. Bu t I will say this for AA. They're one of the few organizations that carries both coke and pepsi; probably just a remnant of their TWA legacy.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
"Plus, I'm not sure any of the customs forms are fully capable of being understood. Perhaps they've reduced the customs forms on board so there is less weight on the plane and they use less fuel."

Ah ha...that's it. Why was I so stupid not to reealize it?

As far as Dr Pepper, I've never thought to bask but what I would want is Diet Dr Pepper Cherry. Somehow, I don't think they carry it. Bu t I will say this for AA. They're one of the few organizations that carries both coke and pepsi; probably just a remnant of their TWA legacy.
Good luck with Dr. P Cherry I was happy to just have Diet Dr P. But, now I've moved on to being a lush and just going with a Gin & Tonic. Makes the flights much eaiser

I truly hate customs forms. I did a number of Intl trips last year and hated the forms so much that I decided to go with the Trusted Traveller program. No more forms for me! May be worth looking into especially if you travel a bit and have an Amex Plat card (they reimburse the fees).
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
^
LOL

This thread has become famous: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...nts-seriously/
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
And with the last post for reference, we can stop speculating about the Diet Coke / Coke Light, Coke Zero formulae and get on with earning / burning miles and flying n American Airlines. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.