Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Turndown service & Pyjamas / Pajamas in F/J began 1 Sep and 1 Oct 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turndown service & Pyjamas / Pajamas in F/J began 1 Sep and 1 Oct 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have seen the slippers given out on TPAC F before, but not on TATL F. They don't fit too well and kept slippping off my feet.

It's nice to see an official announcement of the new amenity kit from AA.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I didn't see this posted so thought the email I received from AA (shown below) regarding my upcoming LHR flight might be of interest. It answers the question as to why Asia and SA flights have not seen similar accoutrements.

Beginning September 1, all First Class and Business Class customers traveling between the United States and London's Heathrow Airport will be among the first to receive our newly redesigned amenity kit featuring an authentic Eames Office® design pattern and exclusive Dermalogica® skincare products.

You will also enjoy new slippers, and a duvet that offers less bulk while still providing the warmth you've come to expect.

Plus, First Class customers on board our Boeing 777 aircraft will appreciate our light-weight day blanket and new turndown service, complete with quilted bed topper and comfortable pajamas.
I timed this trip well (Sep 2), as the new bed topper should make for a nicer night's sleep on the way over.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Have you thought of joining HNL's troubleshooting and forecasting group? Your timing couldn't have been better; we will expect a detailed report!

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I didn't see this posted so thought the email I received from AA (shown below) regarding my upcoming LHR flight might be of interest. It answers the question as to why Asia and SA flights have not seen similar accoutrements.

I timed this trip well (Sep 2), as the new bed topper should make for a nicer night's sleep on the way over.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by jakuda
So AA's LHR flights will somewhat match what BA First does...
Next up is a afternoon/evening tea service with clotted cream...
Does that contain alcohol?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
I'm sad to see the Burt's Bees products go. I sure did love collecting those tubes of chapstick!
Originally Posted by Jetsetter Jamie
I liked Burt's too. Maybe they'll offer a set of Go Tubes or Clipa handag hangers instead...
+1. For the last year or two my long-haul AA J/F frequency has, quite coincidentally, matched up with my Burt's Bees chapstick consumption rate almost perfectly, so that I don't overaccumulate but always have some on hand. (Which is good because I live/work in cities where I would never find it.) What will I ever do now?

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
This is great. I'm doing a westbound TATL in J on September 1st, so will be curious to see if they have the new kit loaded.
I'm flying ex-LHR on Sept 1 too. I assume they will have them loaded in both directions that day. If not I won't get a peek until Sept 5.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Instead of aligning the amenity kits and turndown service, why doesn't AA just align the booze and lounge offerings of BA, no that would make me happy.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: AA PLT
I liked the Burt's Bees stuff, but it was a problem flying into Chile as they have such strict rules about what can and cannot be brought into the country. You had to leave your Burt's Bees products on board or they would be confiscated. My husband also had some Peanut M&M's confiscated there. Not sure what ecological impact hand lotion has on Chile, but apparently they think it does.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's a topic stretch, but you would not be allowed to bring any Burt's Bees products if you were visiting Kangaroo Island in Australia, either. (But, unlike the M&Ms, perhaps a favourite of the customs officer involved? there's a good reason for the K.I. prohibition for the importation of all bee products - perhaps Chile is thinking it is protecting its bees from CCD, given we know so relatively little about the causes Colony Collapse Disorder.)

Originally Posted by RachelG
I liked the Burt's Bees stuff, but it was a problem flying into Chile as they have such strict rules about what can and cannot be brought into the country. You had to leave your Burt's Bees products on board or they would be confiscated. My husband also had some Peanut M&M's confiscated there. Not sure what ecological impact hand lotion has on Chile, but apparently they think it does.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Any reports of seeing this on flights to NRT a bit earlier than the Oct 1st date?

I am flying JFK-NRT on Sept 23rd in F and I would hope for an early roll-out...

Let me know if anybody is flying TPAC!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
+1 on TPAC. Would be nice to have this stuff on my Sept PVG trip in F. I guess competition dictates that the new goodies go first to a 7hr LHR flight than a 14hr PVG flight. Go figure!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by living near shamu
Btw, I really didn't know who (country/language) used PYJ as opposed to PAJ, so I was a bit curious.
Um, maybe that's something you should refrain from admitting publicly in the future?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by millsdale
While Burts is nice, it is nice in the context of a drugstore brand. For using these in cabins where people are paying 5-20K a ticket, you can surely spring for L'occitane or something on that level.
Burt's Bees is a few steps up from Chapstix, but it's still just bee-flagored wax. It doesn't really heal lips so much as laminate them for protection. After ages of searching, I have up every finding a source for those little tubes of some cream BA has in their F kit. It soaks in right away and makes your lips feel like new. No one I contacted even bothered to reply (various places that sell the stuff) so I gave up and switched to Chicken Poop brand, which is still basically Chap Stix, just a step up from Bert's Bees (some oils to flavor the wax).
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Official as of 9/1: New amenities (Pajamas, etc) in international F

I know there is a separate thread focusing on speculation around this, but I thought that official notice on the AA website would warrant a separate thread. Here is the link:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/flybette...ryId=undefined

From the website:

American Airlines is proud to be the only U.S. airline to offer First Class customers a soft, quilted bed topper, cozy duvet, slippers for lounging and comfortable pajamas.

Onboard our Boeing 777 aircraft, wrap up in a light-weight day blanket while you enjoy movies on demand. When ready to retire, you will appreciate our new turndown service.
A huge ^ to AA on this. My biggest issue with the international F product was how hard the seats are. The 'quilted bed topper' should improve this dramatically.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, HH
news story from local DFW NBC station on the new PJ's.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business/...128844653.html
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Smile

^ Wow - didn't know about this until now... I'm waitlisted on LAX-LHR trying to use SWU from Biz to First but confirmed on LHR-JFK coming back. Would REALLY love it on the LAX overnight. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.