Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Not sure if its been posted but the Niles, IL Costco (the one by the Leaning Tower YMCA) has the gift cards as well. Its in the general section of the store along with other various gift cards. One need not go to the customer service section now.

I'll try to post a pic I took from my phone (having phone-syncing issues lately.. )
Old May 19, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jacobin777
Not sure if its been posted but the Niles, IL Costco (the one by the Leaning Tower YMCA) has the gift cards as well. Its in the general section of the store along with other various gift cards. One need not go to the customer service section now.

I'll try to post a pic I took from my phone (having phone-syncing issues lately.. )
If that's all you're shopping for, is there any need to go anywhere further than the nearest cashier?
Old May 19, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I may have to do an MR to some cities with Costco locations in the future...
Old May 19, 2012, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Jacobin777

No need to go hunting for the cards, IF you know they have them, just show the barcode in post 813 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17713217-post813.html and they should be able to scan or enter the number and then the quantity desired and you should be good to go.

The service desk should be able to tell you if they have them at all, or which warehouse does.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Have any one bought the Gift cards in the North Dallas area Costo stores ?
Old May 19, 2012, 8:53 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No need to go hunting for the cards, IF you know they have them, just show the barcode in post 813 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17713217-post813.html and they should be able to scan or enter the number and then the quantity desired and you should be good to go.

The service desk should be able to tell you if they have them at all, or which warehouse does.
I've tried to have them scan the image in my phone and that definitely did not work. Having the number is useful, though.

Cheers.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by dfwflyguy
Have any one bought the Gift cards in the North Dallas area Costo stores ?
They have them now in the Dallas area? I thought there was a drought in Texas.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:07 pm

Where I can get AA gifts cards in NY?

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
They have them now in the Dallas area? I thought there was a drought in Texas.
So far there is a drought in Texas. I've had no luck at all.
Old May 20, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Still being sold at the Tustin store (CA) as of the past week or so.

At first I thought they'd stopped carrying them because there were no scanner cards in the gift card area. Finally spotted them on a special aisle-end display with some new featured luggage items (in the vicinity of the cell phone vendor).
Old May 20, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mr&mrs
Still being sold at the Tustin store (CA) as of the past week or so.

At first I thought they'd stopped carrying them because there were no scanner cards in the gift card area. Finally spotted them on a special aisle-end display with some new featured luggage items (in the vicinity of the cell phone vendor).
You do know that even if you can't find the scanner cards (which they do seem to move on a regular basis), you can just give the cashier the stock number and pull them up there. There is no need to have the scanner cardl. Costco's do not match their inventory with those cards and you only need one regardless of the number cards you wish to purchase. This means they can have scanner cards on display but no gift cards in inventory. So don't waste your time searching, just go to the cashier with any other purchases you wish to make and give them the stocking number 576515 and the quantity you wish to purchase.

And, by the way, if you are only looking for the GCs, you can go in the auto department and buy them from a cashier there (much shorter lines on weekends). You will still need to go to merchandise pickup for the actual card(s), but still better that waiting in the lines.

I am also told you can put in a request for your local Costco to carry the cards. Look for the comment cards and list the stock number. If they get enough requests, I suspect they will make the attempt.
Old May 20, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by chnxx
Where I can get AA gifts cards in NY?

Thanks!
If you mean NYC, the Costco in Harlem carries them.

Safe Travels
Old May 20, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I am also told you can put in a request for your local Costco to carry the cards. Look for the comment cards and list the stock number. If they get enough requests, I suspect they will make the attempt.
They have a form for requests at the service counter. Filled it out at my local Costco last week.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by JohnAx
If that's all you're shopping for, is there any need to go anywhere further than the nearest cashier?
Guess not possibly. Since I'm booking flights to MIA during week I'll see if all I need to do is ask at the cashier.

I did read about the scanning bit but forgot about it actually....

Regardless, I'll give it a try sometime this week. Doesn't hurt I guess.

The more important points were:

1)The gift card is available at the Niles, IL Costco
2)Its available for all (general Costo shoppers) to see-which I think is better than not advertising it.

EDIT:

Finally was able to upload the photo:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6833/aacostconiles.jpg

The wall in the back is where the customer service section, etc. is.

Last edited by Jacobin777; May 21, 2012 at 8:01 am
Old May 20, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You do know that even if you can't find the scanner cards (which they do seem to move on a regular basis), you can just give the cashier the stock number and pull them up there. There is no need to have the scanner cardl.
Yep. That's how I figured out where they were located!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.