Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by davidjaquet
My account summary still looks the same, although the Program To Date Miles counter has moved to the bottom. But something must be brewing ...
mine too....
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:30 am

Mine has gone back to just one View My Miles.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
My view hasn't changed at all. I'm at 1.8MM and was hoping to make 2MM either at the end of this year or early next year - but only if all bonuses and CC miles count.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Seems to not affect me... I made my 3MM without a single mile earned from credit cards (or coins or mortgages or cars or hotels or most other ways of getting miles from something other than flying). I've picked up a random bit of miles here and there from dining or a shopping purchase, but I'd say 98% of my miles have come straight from flight activity and the bonuses associated with it.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:08 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by techgirl
...but I'd say 98% of my miles have come straight from flight activity and the bonuses associated with it.
[emphasis mine]. That's the biggest question (to me). Will the 100% bonus still count. That makes EXP worth at least 200K miles/year versus half that. The credit card part is quite small for us, but the bonus would be a bigger deal.

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:10 am

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
Mine remains unchanged; I joined AA in Oct 98 and my account begins with 0 (zero); I wonder if they are working this change from the top down or the bottom up. Would like to know if Lanikai or other early joiners have seen changes to their Account viewing.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Changing CC

My guess is that I've had lifetime 600K in CC spend and promos, 2.6MM BIS and 2.1MM bonus miles.

At the moment I've got 730K RDM unused and been thinking about switching out of the AA CC anyway. I'm concerned about too many eggs in that AA basket what with capacity cuts, someday not having access to expanded EXP award availabiltiy, AA possibly repricing awards due to fuel costs, maybe even someday a bankruptcy.

While losing 50K of CC spend a year toward the next MM isn't that big a deal, this looks like a good time to switch to a different card anyway.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Again, the information shows on the Mobile site only as stated by the OP. So check mobile.aa.com and click "AAdvantage Account" and you will see the Million Miler info but not working link
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum 2.8MM!; Lufthansa Senator
I'm showing 2.6MM and it's on the money with accumulations and current mileage.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (AA 2mm +), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
When I go into the "Manage My Account" section on the mobile site, under Summary there are the normal YTD columns and Miles Accumulated, and an additional item listed as "Million Miler Balance**".

The ** is defined later as "Million Miler Balance consists of miles earned prior to (sic) and miles earned since (sic)." The (sic) is for spaces as there are no dates entered as of yet....

Obviously changes are coming....
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Well this sucks. I choose AA because of this benefit. Earn a ton of miles, but hardly any from flying (usually traveling on awards). I still have quite a ways to go but should be able to hit 1 or 2 million by the end of the year.

I guess the solution is to always book travel on business/first awards as you get the checked bags benefit and lounge access.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
I don't have the ** note at the bottom of my mobile activity, but I did look at the page source and it looks like the bottom table on the page (that shows zero miles for each of my postings for HHonors double dip and AAdvantage e-shopping) is called "pbnMillionMilerMilesBody".

So, it looks like at least hotel miles and shopping aren't going to be in my Million totals...

I did just transfer 60K Starwood today, so I will be interested to see if they are before or after whatever date AA picks. My bet is after.

Dan
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by danorum
I don't have the ** note at the bottom of my mobile activity, but I did look at the page source and it looks like the bottom table on the page (that shows zero miles for each of my postings for HHonors double dip and AAdvantage e-shopping) is called "pbnMillionMilerMilesBody".

So, it looks like at least hotel miles and shopping aren't going to be in my Million totals...

I did just transfer 60K Starwood today, so I will be interested to see if they are before or after whatever date AA picks. My bet is after.

Dan
Just did the same with a Starwood transfer. Also interested in if this will add to my MM total.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by danorum
I'm waiting on 2 x 75k mile bonuses from Citibank AA cards - what're that odds that they post before any potential cutoff?

With bonuses, I was looking at 1.8+MM by the end of this year, and quite likely 2MM next year - honestly, this possibility has changed my airline choice back to AA; hope the program changes turn out to not be to substantial.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
AAdvCS seems to know nothing about this, FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.