Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stingy with the Glenlivet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
You are quite welcome - and that's merely one more reason to avoid riding in the back of the bus.

Originally Posted by brp
Thanks JDiver. I'd posted that above, but couldn't remember the thread context. Glad I'm not the only one who recalled that

Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Perchance, AA "In-Flight Manual Reference Food Preparation and Presentation, Service Guidelines 1.8"? Now making excuses to hog that bottle and ask give it to the FA so /she can serve me a slug.

Originally Posted by JDiver
<snip>And AA allows FAs to pour liquor brought onboard by F and J cabin customers, but not liquor brought onboard by Economy / Coach passengers.<snip>
Originally Posted by TWA884
I am sorry that I am currently unable to provide you a reference for AA's policy. I do stand by my earlier statement. <snip>
Old Feb 27, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
After reading this thread I decided I should have a GL...was able to have 4 on Flight 5 this afternoon. FA told mentioned they were probably out after she brought me the 2nd round of 2 bottles.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
After reading this thread I decided I should have a GL...was able to have 4 on Flight 5 this afternoon. FA told mentioned they were probably out after she brought me the 2nd round of 2 bottles.
She was most likely right and kind. She, gave them all to you!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Not A single Malt, But....

Last week in BA F from LHR-BLR...one of the choices was JW Blue...I asked for a glass...it was a very generous serving in a (rather large) water tumbler! That was a lot of scotch (didn't stop me from having a second though! Was also asked if I wanted a third after that, but just begged for mercy instead.)
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by Howgart
Last week in BA F from LHR-BLR...one of the choices was JW Blue...I asked for a glass...it was a very generous serving in a (rather large) water tumbler! That was a lot of scotch (didn't stop me from having a second though! Was also asked if I wanted a third after that, but just begged for mercy instead.)
I can sympathize. No matter how good the Scotch (and JW Blue is the King of Blended Scotches, holding its own against 18 year plus Single Malts), there is something about Scotch that hits me very hard.

I can have about 200 ml at the most in one "sitting" where that is loosely defined as a couple of hours and with some toasted almonds or some mixed nuts. Even that will make me tizzy

As 100ml is a "double" so that is about 2 doubles.

Still, for me, Scotch is the King of Spirits
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I had the ultimate Glennlivet insult today on the afternoon BDL DFW flight.

I have the window seat and a guy with all his crew ID tags showing is sitting
next to me in row 4. FA comes around for drinks after we take off. She asks him what he would like, he asks for a scotch and she poured him a double of Glenlivet.

She then turns to me and asks me what I would like. I said I would like a Glenlivet on the rocks. She looks at me and says, Oh, I just gave it all to him." I replied, "You poured him both?!" She replied, "We still have some Dewars left". Crew guy sitting next to me turns bright red and asks me if I want his instead. I look at her and say "I bet you do have some Dewars left. I'll have a screwdriver please." Deadhead at least felt bad.

So another letter of complaint to AA is on it's way.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:57 am

He offered to rectify the situation, and you refused.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by skylady
I don't think that part will be in the complaint
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skylady
And you're going to complain about it on top of that? You'll probably exclude the part where it was offered to you. Makes the rant better.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by Howgart
JW blue...now that is nice!

i am on the ORD to FRA tonight and will see what my options are in business...and post tomorrow.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
It was in the glass on the way to his lips. It was not on the cart.

Wouldst an EXP be so uncivil to take the Glenlivet out of the mouth of the person sitting next to him?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by Thumper
She replied, "We still have some Dewars left".
It wasn't too long ago when the fallback was Chivas 12 on AA. A reasonable second choice. But now, similar to you, I'll opt for a G&T instead of Dewars.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Other liquors...

I know this is a Glenlivet/whisky thread but...

Anyone else miss Tanquray or wish they carried Bombay Sapphire? I'm usually a vodka and/or gin drinker, but I don't know what's worse - the fact they only carry Skyy vodka or Beefeater gin. Neither are on my top 5 list of prefered beverage brands.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So there are vodka snobs now?

AA serving an American vodka has a certain harmony.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.