Going for a cart ride at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by brp
The gate was far away from the FL.
You could have spent 10 more minutes enjoying the lounge. I only sampled the chicken kebabs and scallops wrapped in bacon this time. Glad they had Sam Adams to wash it down.

Our shuttle arrived at the gate about 3 mins before boarding, so they had the timing worked out really well.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:47 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tom911
You could have spent 10 more minutes enjoying the lounge. I only sampled the chicken kebabs and scallops wrapped in bacon this time. Glad they had Sam Adams to wash it down.
10 minutes walking is preferable to 10 more minutes sitting after we've been there awhile and had our fill of what we wanted. The bacon-wrapped scallops are pretty good, even if terribly unhealthful

Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Both of us had FT tags on our bags. We spent most of the time in the back corner of what used to be the smoking room and is now the cell free zone, so unless you popped into there you would never have seen us. I had a red rugby shirt on.
Aha! Actually I think may have seen you as you headed up to get the scoop on the announcement and then later sitting on the cart before it headed out. I was glued to the ancient "big screen" TV watching the game.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I was in the southwest of Ireland late last year and learned a new weather condition- "freezing fog".
I was here last year during a snow storm (photos linked below), and the roads were icy the following morning and I was really worried I was going to miss my flight home with traffic at a crawl. In the end it didn't matter as things were so messed up at DUB that the incoming aircraft was at a remote stand and took about a 4 hour delay. I've decided now, at least in the winter, to overnight at the airport when flying home.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
Thanks for the cart ride AA

Great visiting with Tom911. Although he got the single UG and I didn't, I will endeavor to remain friends. He ticketed before me (for those interested, we were both through travelers into ORD). My new mantra is "Never MR a TATL in a 757 without an UG." I thinking of having that tatoo'd somewhere in case memory fades. Even in an exit row, even with the new slider type seat, it is not comfortable. The cart ride to H15 from the FL was great. The best part of the trip occurred when the Global Entry Kiosk actually recognized my prints for the first time. Hoping for clear skies, happy crews and low TATL prices for 2010.

Last night puppysara and I were in the Flagship Lounge at ORD waiting for our Dublin flight. About an hour before departure an announcement was made for all Dublin passengers to report to the front counter. I recall when they made a similar announcement last year it was to cancel a FRA flight, so was not expecting good news. About 6 of us reported to the counter.

I was surprised. As the DUB flight was going from H15, someone at AA had arranged a cart to transport all of us over there, and told us an announcement would be made in a few minutes when it was ready to depart. Sure enough, the cart arrives, we board, and off we go to H15. I found it interesting all the folks that did not hear the cart approaching, even though it has a distinctive beep announcing its approach. Driver had to carefully maneuver around folks that didn't want to get out of the way and did a pretty good job at that.

Tom in a cool Dublin, Ireland (33F/1C on arrival)

Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by puppysara
Great visiting with Tom911. Although he got the single UG and I didn't, I will endeavor to remain friends.
That's good of you. It would be sad if you broke your friendship over an upgrade. Now if he got to ride the cart and you didn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.