FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going for a cart ride at ORD
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:25 pm
puppysara

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
Thanks for the cart ride AA

Great visiting with Tom911. Although he got the single UG and I didn't, I will endeavor to remain friends. He ticketed before me (for those interested, we were both through travelers into ORD). My new mantra is "Never MR a TATL in a 757 without an UG." I thinking of having that tatoo'd somewhere in case memory fades. Even in an exit row, even with the new slider type seat, it is not comfortable. The cart ride to H15 from the FL was great. The best part of the trip occurred when the Global Entry Kiosk actually recognized my prints for the first time. Hoping for clear skies, happy crews and low TATL prices for 2010.

Originally Posted by tom911
Last night puppysara and I were in the Flagship Lounge at ORD waiting for our Dublin flight. About an hour before departure an announcement was made for all Dublin passengers to report to the front counter. I recall when they made a similar announcement last year it was to cancel a FRA flight, so was not expecting good news. About 6 of us reported to the counter.

I was surprised. As the DUB flight was going from H15, someone at AA had arranged a cart to transport all of us over there, and told us an announcement would be made in a few minutes when it was ready to depart. Sure enough, the cart arrives, we board, and off we go to H15. I found it interesting all the folks that did not hear the cart approaching, even though it has a distinctive beep announcing its approach. Driver had to carefully maneuver around folks that didn't want to get out of the way and did a pretty good job at that.

Tom in a cool Dublin, Ireland (33F/1C on arrival)