Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Race to PLT / EXP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:27 pm

Good plan. That's exactly what I'm doing next week. Hanging out on the beach with the family.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Had to finish off my *A program (bi annual qualification) and received it on March 29th. OW so far 20,000 EQP and the rest should be a piece of cake and the tickets already purchased
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
EQP 41,304 and only one more trip in april. Miami from Mexico the long way MEX-DFW-STL-MIA-STL-DFW-MEX, all in J and F thanks to free upgrades, courtesy of EXP.

Considering all my travel is leisure, I am not doing bad, but please AA, bring back the DEQM!!! If not, I am definitely going to have to fly plenty of mileage runs, as I have become adicted to SWU or EVIPs. The bad part, I took advantage of the H fare on Copa for the MIA-PTY-MEX-PTY-MIA for 120 + taxes that can be changed without fee´s. Now I am also looking at One Pass Silver, if not Gold. So fingers cross AA brings DEQM and a mileage run to DEL with an EVIP and I am done for the year, LOL.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: AA EXEC PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
70 Segments

Just hit 70 segments and 66,029 Miles on AA in 2010. I included the two flights I had on Alaska Air that I got AA credit for, but didn't include 1 Southwest Flight.

Been flying so much up and down in the air, that 5 days ago when I came down my ears didn't clear the pressure and I've gotta see a doctor tomorrow about it. I hope I get my hearing back!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:49 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jobee
Been flying so much up and down in the air, that 5 days ago when I came down my ears didn't clear the pressure and I've gotta see a doctor tomorrow about it. I hope I get my hearing back!
It's a small price to pay for that shiny black card.

(In all seriousness, I do hope your ears do requilibrate...)

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 7, 2010 at 7:25 am Reason: grammatical error
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jobee
Just hit 70 segments and 66,029 Miles on AA in 2010. I included the two flights I had on Alaska Air that I got AA credit for, but didn't include 1 Southwest Flight
Wow, I've got 66k EQP for 15 flights by 25 March and two more flights next week will net me an additional 5k points.

Hoping to requal for EXP by mid-June, really depends on business and if my projects get signed. Fingers crossed!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:36 am

28 segments, 20056 miles, 18763 points - looks like I am making EXP the long way, on segments since I average about 9 a month.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Nearing 60K miles now, hope to clear EXP for next year by mid-June.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I am working on the slowest to EXP award, as I only have 13k EQM so far.

What I'm really worried about is not making EXP at all this year, primarily due to SN defecting to LH/StarA. If a 2xEQM happens I might make it anyway ... fingers crossed.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
April last year, my work moved from Dallas to Houston (Consulting), so I've been flying Mon-Thurs to Houston. With my flight back home tonight, I will be hitting 100 segments. Yay for EXP with 26k EQM's :P But I'm not the first, one of my business partners, flies to FCO every other week and a few flights to NRT, he re-qualified a little while ago.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
53K EQP and 38K EQM so far. I have three TATL's in the second quarter, but if AA doesn't get on board with our corp discount, BA is going to be my new pal.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I'm at 2110 EQM, 1056 EQP and 2 segments, with 2 more segments and 2778 EQM booked for an August trip.

Unless they run double EQM or some really great fares and promotions, I'll soft land to Platinum this year and should be lifetime Gold beyond that. I'll fly enough to requalify for EXP only if the promotions are right. Last year, I did 50k BIS MR miles in May (BOSLAX and DBEQM), went from 0 to EXP, and earned 200k RDM all for about $2k.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
I'm the loser so far at 0 EQM to date. I was in Africa from early January to last week on a Skyteam ticket (burned my last NWA miles before the conversion to Zimbabwean Skymiles), so I've had no opportunities to fly AA yet.

I've got a couple domestic trips on AA booked in the next month and a trip to Peru on AA planned in August, but I'll need to do some serious MRs before year end to retain EXP. AA fares have been awful for MRs this year though, so hopefully after summer things improve. Even without DBEQM I'll fly the miles if the math makes sense on the fares. Since I have TONS of time off work (I do 7 days on, 7 off) I really don't mind flying around the USA leisurely in free First, but the fares this year have been awful.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM Miles); Hilton Hhonors Diamond; Hyatt GP Diamond; Priority Club Platinum
With two trips in the next two weeks I will be at 65k EQM and EQP and 29 segments for the year. I did not travel at all in January. The pace is just a bit more than I had planned on keeping!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I am very slow this year so far with only 21000 EQM. As Lifetime Platinum I find it interesting that the new progress scale on AA.com shows me a long was from qualifying for gold this year, much less Platinum. Obviously they don't recognize Lifetime status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.