Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Oct 1 is date tickets will available for the new US via both web sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oct 1 is date tickets will available for the new US via both web sites

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:33 am

how will we be able to distinguish between the metal flying the flight, such as a hp airbus versus an us airbus, and especially, an hp 757 versus the us 757 a/c? will one set of flights be in the 2000 range let's say, and the other lower.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by flyboy7974
how will we be able to distinguish between the metal flying the flight, such as a hp airbus versus an us airbus, and especially, an hp 757 versus the us 757 a/c? will one set of flights be in the 2000 range let's say, and the other lower.
Does it matter?

And... point of clarification for all... "metal" is an airline term that comes from the days when airline tickets were hand-written on carbon paper. In order to make the ticket valid, the agent (travel agent or airline) would put the carbon pages over a metal plate (each airline has its own plate) on what is essentially an old-style credit card impression machine. That's where the term "metal" comes from -- not the steel used to build the aircraft.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cptlflyer
Does it matter?. . .
It matters if you are an elite member and are trying to make a decision about a routing or specific flight based upon your upgrade probability. The same aircraft in the respective fleets have a considerable difference in the number of first class seats.

Having said that, I won't be at all surprised if this is standardized. If the new standard is the current HP's configuration with all the aircraft added to the fleet in recent years (12 first seats, as in the A320s & 319s), most of the US planes will lose seats in the first class cabin.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by cptlflyer
not the steel used to build the aircraft.
That's gonna be one heavy aircraft!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
It matters if you are an elite member and are trying to make a decision about a routing or specific flight based upon your upgrade probability. The same aircraft in the respective fleets have a considerable difference in the number of first class seats.

Having said that, I won't be at all surprised if this is standardized.
That was my point. I am sure there will be standardization in due time.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by NastyNoble357
No there shouldn't be a price difference for the most part. US has taken HP's fare basis. So a RT fare from LAX-PHX-JFK on HP will cost the same as LAX-PHL-JFK. The only difference is the airport facility charges may be different. Another thing that can make the prices different is if your fare ends up being priced out point to point i.e. LAX-PHX $89 and PHX-JFK $300 on HP, where you have LAX-PHL $250 and PHL-JFK $59 on US.The point to point was just an example. It just depends if you are stopping over into one of the cities or all of the cheap fares are sold out.

I hope this helps out.......

Just a question since when will the be a phl-jfk flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.