Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming Flight Fund Miles for BA Award

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2002, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Redeeming Flight Fund Miles for BA Award

Has anyone redeemed America West FlightFund miles for travel on British Airways flights? Can a First Class award be booked on flights BA1/BA2 (i.e. Concorde)?
Old May 1, 2002, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I was going to ask the same question.

I rack up about 300k(including bonuses) in miles on HP every year, and I was thinking about blowing 100k of those for a FC European trip.

Luckily, BA has a non-stop from here in Phoenix.

------------------
God Bless America West and British Airways

HP - Platinum/800k miles
UA - Dirt/19k miles
Old May 1, 2002, 8:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I'm still saving FlightFund miles to get over that 200,000 mile mark. I hope to redeem two First Class British Airways tickets. I've never redeemed on BA. Here are some relevant FlyerTalk threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000127.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum12/HTML/000421.html
Old May 1, 2002, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrequentFlyer:
Has anyone redeemed America West FlightFund miles for travel on British Airways flights? Can a First Class award be booked on flights BA1/BA2 (i.e. Concorde)?</font>
I do not know about Concorde flights, but a few years back I cashed in 100K for a first class ticket to AMS (via LGW). It was worth every mile and was painless. I got the dates I wanted without any problems.

------------------
Hell hath no fury like that of an elite frequent flyer in coach.

I am not real smart, but I can lift heavy things.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 9:15 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
I just spoke to Chris at HP FlightFund (800.247.5691). According to her, the Concorde is not available for HP mileage redemption.

------------------
Life's a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Auntie Mame

www.angelfire.com/ny3/globalgourmets
Old Jun 11, 2002, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. I had the same response from FlightFund. I did use 80K for Club World on BA to London with domestic First on HP.

I had no problem redeeming the miles. Filled out request form online and received call back 2 days later with PNR.

Great job HP!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 5:15 pm
Original Member

Thanks, Flyer, for that piece of insight. When CO cut the cord with HP, I considered my options due to the fact I flew HP much more than CO. One of the decisive factors was CO's international awards, or lack thereof. As a result, I have dumped OnePass for FlightFund, and have been very happy so far. So now I am piling up the miles, and hope I get the same result as you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.