Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia special

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2002, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Expedia special

Saw this on Expedia's web site today.

"Right now, when you book a America West Airlines flight on Expedia.com, you'll earn a reward for 25% off a future America West flight. Get a great price on your flight now—and save 25% on your next one, too.

To save 25% on a future flight, just purchase your America West tickets by June 14, for travel from June 18 through September 4, 2002.

You'll receive a coupon for 25% off your next flight on America West. You can use it to purchase an America West ticket on Expedia.com, any time from July 15 through August 22, for travel this fall (September 5–November 21, 2002). You can find more detailed information on this offer in the Terms and Conditions."

Old Jun 9, 2002, 6:05 pm

A similar promotion is also available on Orbitz.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

How can you get this to come up on Orbitz? Their fares are better for a flight i want to book but I can't find anything on the website about the 20% off future flight offer.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:13 pm

It's right there on the home page.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Read the terms and conditions carefully. Expedia ran a similar HP coupon promo last fall. I racked up a couple of them, but could never redeem the coupons usefully; they weren't valid in all fare classes. When I had to travel during the coupon redemption period, I always found a published discount fare that cost less than the lowest coupon-valid fare with the coupon applied. So the coupons were actually useless. I'm not saying that's the case with the current promo, but the deal last fall was carefully structured to incent the initial ticket purchase -- then dis-incent subsequent redemption.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Thanks for the excellent analysis, Bear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.