Wiki Posts
Search

LHR and superstyle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2001, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
LHR and superstyle

Does anyone know when ANA are likely to bring Superstyle to the Tokyo or Osaka to LHR route. Without it I think OS Grande Classe will be a better route/service ?

I will be doing a J *A RTW

Thanks

Jon
Old Sep 15, 2001, 2:05 am

I agree that OS will probably be a better choice compared to ANA with no SuperStyle.

In fact, I would probably choose OS over NH in J class even if NH did have SuperStyle to LHR because quite frankly, NH really does fall behind in J class in terms of equipment. (seat, IFE, etc)

And not trying to generalize too much, but I would guess that as a non-Japanese passenger you are more likely to find better food on OS than NH. I tried their Western food in Biz and it wasn't one of the best.

So... enjoy your flights, whichever one you choose to take in the end!
Old Sep 15, 2001, 9:40 pm
mjm
Original Member

Jon,

I agree with stargold here. The superstyle is not up to par with a good product in Biz. The first product is terrific, but in biz the recline is lousy. The bar is nice, and the business center idea is good, but at the end of the day, I would liely go OS on that route unless I were in First and then it is a no-brainer to choose ANA.

------------------
a FlyerTalk tradition continues in November 2001 in Cannes, France......

Check the PiP 2001 Website or the FT Topic for details and news.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 7:12 am

If RTW mileage isn't a big concern for you and SQ launches their new J product in time for your trip, I would definately give SQ a try. They are currently the only Star carrier to have a bed in Biz. Apparently though, thier Ultimo seats (the ones presently on SIN-LHR) are terrible for some because they tried to create a feeling of more space by curving the seatbacks, too much I'm told.

Plus their SIN Biz lounge is a far cry from the inadequate (as far as I can see anyway) NH NRT lounge.

But I can only think of one carrier worse than NH on NRT-Europe in J and that would be LH. Their seat pitch is actually more miserable than NH (is that possible?) and service "business-like" at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.