Wiki Posts
Search

Overweight Carry on - ANA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Overweight Carry on - ANA

Hi everyone,
I am flying ANA (international flight) soon. ANA will be my second leg, and my first leg is with Air Canada with no weight limit for carry on. I have packed and my 19 inch carry on plus small laptop backpack weighs 11.5 kg, so I am 1.5 kg overweight. How strict is ANA with this? I don't want to check my carry-on as I have already one checked bag. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I flew ANA yesterday MNL-NRT and no one weighed carry ons at check in. I’ve never seen ANA weigh in the gate area.
DianneEW likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:45 pm

I've never had any issue with overweight bags on ANA. The one singular time I had a check in that was well over the limit, and someone said something, the agent simply pointed it out, and asked me to please watch out for that in the future while letting it pass. ANA is pretty lax about baggage; that said, I do my best to fall within the guidelines.
DianneEW likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks!!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Will try to repack again, see if I can't be too overweight, but this is good to know, thanks!!
Old May 14, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by pgsanta
I've never had any issue with overweight bags on ANA. The one singular time I had a check in that was well over the limit, and someone said something, the agent simply pointed it out, and asked me to please watch out for that in the future while letting it pass. ANA is pretty lax about baggage; that said, I do my best to fall within the guidelines.
Good to know ANA is not very strict about the weight. How about the size of bags?
I have a suitcase with the combined dimenstions of 160.5cm or 63 inch which is slightly above most airlines limits. I have not had problems flying with it inside Asia on other airlines so far.

Does ANA care? (J ticket)
Old May 15, 2024, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by goodgirl
Good to know ANA is not very strict about the weight. How about the size of bags?
I have a suitcase with the combined dimenstions of 160.5cm or 63 inch which is slightly above most airlines limits. I have not had problems flying with it inside Asia on other airlines so far.

Does ANA care? (J ticket)
Never had anyone bust out the tape to measure a bag, so I imagine if it's simply an inch off you can expect to be fine. I'd only worry if it was something large that is highly irregularly shaped, or so obviously over the limit they can tell just by a glance.
goodgirl likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by goodgirl
We're talking about carry ons, right? 160cm is quite far above the limit, and I wouldn't assume you could easily carry it on without challenge.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
We're talking about carry ons, right? 160cm is quite far above the limit, and I wouldn't assume you could easily carry it on without challenge.
Carry on is 115cm checked is 158cm.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
No, checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.