Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus + NH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: ANA Pt
Fee waivers for refunds and rebookings extended for travel up to January 12, 2021 departures. Hopefully short term business travel (without quarantine etc) will be possible by April next year.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:24 am

All intl flights are still going out of T3 at HND correct?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by pesos
All intl flights are still going out of T3 at HND correct?
As far as I know, yes. No international flights in and out of T2 at HND at this moment.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: ANA Pt
Fee waivers for refunds and rebookings extended for travel up to February 28, 2021 departures.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: Nectar Card
While ANA has continued to (graciously) extend the period of eligible boarding dates (now up to Feb 28th, 2021) which can be exchanged for a new date, they've held firm so far on the limit of the "change-to" date. It's remained at Mar 31st, 2021 for a while now.

Kinda hoping they'll move that out, as much of the world (or to be specific, many of the destinations in their route network) remain untravelable.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:32 pm

Business Class Flying Experience

Dear all,

I’m new here and I don’t know whether I posted in the right thread.

I am about to fly from BKK to JFK on ANA in the middle on January 2021. So, I wonder whether flying on ANA business class would worth the money. Has anyone flown ANA business class recently?

Thank you for your input.

Best regards,

Ahn
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by viviparuz
Dear all,

I am about to fly from BKK to JFK on ANA in the middle on January 2021. So, I wonder whether flying on ANA business class would worth the money. Has anyone flown ANA business class recently?

Best regards,

Ahn
here is my recent trip report in F. I took the same flight again a couple of weeks ago and it was much the same.

Brief Report: ANA in F "The Suite" during Covid
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Dear all,

Best regards,

Ahn
​​​​​​What is your definition of worth the money? It is certainly one of the best business class options around, especially these days where the catering is close to unchanged in quality and experience of the main meal. If course gold can be bought at top high a price, so it also depends on what the fare you see looking at is.

Personally I am not raving about The Room, the new business class seat which you should get Tokyo to JFK, but it is still at the top range of the various cabins that are around.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​What is your definition of worth the money? It is certainly one of the best business class options around, especially these days where the catering is close to unchanged in quality and experience of the main meal. If course gold can be bought at top high a price, so it also depends on what the fare you see looking at is.

Personally I am not raving about The Room, the new business class seat which you should get Tokyo to JFK, but it is still at the top range of the various cabins that are around.
Dear CPH-flyer,

Thank you for your thoughts. I’m sorry that I didn’t put it clearly.

Considering the COVID-19 situation, I’m not sure whether I can get full in-flight service. Otherwise, I would save my money for the time when air travel gets back to normal.

Best regards,

Ahn
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:52 pm

Dear CPH-flyer,

Considering the COVID-19 situation, I’m not sure whether I can get full in-flight service. Otherwise, I would save my money for the time when air travel gets back to normal.

Best regards,

Ahn
service in F was great - the only difference with my flight a couple weeks ago vs. a few months ago is they’ve started putting plastic wrap over most of the dishes that is up to you to remove yourself.

I assume J will be much the same story... also there are so few people flying these flights currently. Both of my flights had ~40 or less pax.

If stretching out is all you care about everyone in Y can claim their own row and then some...
Old Dec 13, 2020, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by pesos
service in F was great - the only difference with my flight a couple weeks ago vs. a few months ago is they’ve started putting plastic wrap over most of the dishes that is up to you to remove yourself.

I assume J will be much the same story... also there are so few people flying these flights currently. Both of my flights had ~40 or less pax.

If stretching out is all you care about everyone in Y can claim their own row and then some...
Dear pesos,

Thank you for your inputs. As long as they provide normal service in J, I think it is okay to pay.

Btw, your trip report is great.

Best regards,

Ahn
Old Dec 13, 2020, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Dear CPH-flyer,

Best regards,

Ahn
The experience is changed, but it is really minimally so. Course will arrived covered, but otherwise they are basically the same as before. The hot towels has been replaced with packaged wet wipes and a some other small tweaks.

This is a covid-19 era long haul main.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:20 pm

Hey everyone; I'm currently in Thailand, but I'm based in Chicago. I want to use ANA miles to book my flight home, but obviously I can't do that since ANA requires roundtrip booking.

Would it be possible for me to book a roundtrip flight from BKK->NRT->ORD, fly that one way, and then use the waiver to get a refund on the ORD->NRT->BKK segment?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
-snip-

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 25, 2020 at 5:15 am Reason: Advice posted may be wrong with loosening of rules due to COVID
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:20 pm

Does this mean that this is feasible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.