Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diverg
Any other America to Japan routes beside JFK rumored to get the new plane?
It's rumored that someday they all will.

IDK what's you're expecting my friend. Although now seems like a good time to do retrofits in terms of having planes on the ground, it's definitely not a good time to be paying to do it. My money is on LAX or SFO being next, but who knows when that'll be.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It's rumored that someday they all will.

IDK what's you're expecting my friend. Although now seems like a good time to do retrofits in terms of having planes on the ground, it's definitely not a good time to be paying to do it. My money is on LAX or SFO being next, but who knows when that'll be.
I would expect any capex that can be postponed has already been postponed. Which would equal delay in any additional roll out of the new cabins. Right now the agenda needs to be cash conservation. And also, if travel is slow to pick up once the restrictions start to ease, new cabins will not be on the top of the list for expenditure as cash conservation will be the name of the game.

I doubt we will see any additional planes with the new cabins the next 12 months, but the current ones could be moved to other routes. But that is just me guessing.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
UA's liquidity issues delayed IPTE by a few years following the 2008 crisis. Wouldn't be surprised to see delays in many if not all upcoming retrofits.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:56 pm

JFK-Tokyo

I'm trying to decide if I am going to reposition from IAH to JFK to fly the new suite to Tokyo instead of the older suite from Houston. Normally I would go for the convenience, but this trip is a bucket list type trip. First in your opinion is the new suite a big enough upgrade to do that repositioning? My ultimate destination is Australia so I will probably switch over to JL in Tokyo if I can find award space. One other question, I thought when NH started the JFK to NRT route that they were alternating days between NRT and HND, but when I check my dates on the ANA website both routes are showing as The Suite. Are they flying both JFK to HND and NRT in the suites everyday now? My dates will be in February or March on 2021.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I'm trying to decide if I am going to reposition from IAH to JFK to fly the new suite to Tokyo instead of the older suite from Houston. Normally I would go for the convenience, but this trip is a bucket list type trip. First in your opinion is the new suite a big enough upgrade to do that repositioning? My ultimate destination is Australia so I will probably switch over to JL in Tokyo if I can find award space. One other question, I thought when NH started the JFK to NRT route that they were alternating days between NRT and HND, but when I check my dates on the ANA website both routes are showing as The Suite. Are they flying both JFK to HND and NRT in the suites everyday now? My dates will be in February or March on 2021.
Yes, currently all flights to and from JFK is the new config..

I would say worth the detour.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:06 am

One of the dates I’m looking at would require me doing IAH-HND arriving at 5:00PM on ANA, and connecting on JL HND-SYD at 7:00PM. Is this doable? How does transit work when you are connecting using different airlines? I know I would have to collect my bags, but from there I assume I have to clear immigration and check in with JAL. Correct?

This routing wouldn’t leave many if any options if my first flight is delayed.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
One of the dates I’m looking at would require me doing IAH-HND arriving at 5:00PM on ANA, and connecting on JL HND-SYD at 7:00PM. Is this doable? How does transit work when you are connecting using different airlines? I know I would have to collect my bags, but from there I assume I have to clear immigration and check in with JAL. Correct?

This routing wouldn’t leave many if any options if my first flight is delayed.
It would normally be no problem. Tons of time!
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I've flown both new and old config last month, and I actually think the difference isn't that big.
Sure, the screen is nice and its also nice to see out the window, but I find the old seat more comfortable for me both while lounging and sleeping.
New seat is just a bit too hard for my preference, and the mattress is very thin.
On older seat, I felt like I was sleeping on a firm bed in the hotel while on the newer seat, I felt like I was sleeping on a thinner mattress they provide in ryokan if you know what I mean.
I wouldn't go out of my way to fly IAH-JFK on separate ticket, probably overnight, then fly JFK-NRT/HND just to do the new suites now that I had a chance to do both back to back.
Maybe it's worth to the OP if he wants to spend a night at TWA hotel.
That being said, if I hadn't flown the new suites, I will be temped to do so as well like you.
Just remember that NH new suite isn't EK or SQ suites.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by kkjay77
I've flown both new and old config last month, and I actually think the difference isn't that big.
Sure, the screen is nice and its also nice to see out the window, but I find the old seat more comfortable for me both while lounging and sleeping.
New seat is just a bit too hard for my preference, and the mattress is very thin.
On older seat, I felt like I was sleeping on a firm bed in the hotel while on the newer seat, I felt like I was sleeping on a thinner mattress they provide in ryokan if you know what I mean.
I wouldn't go out of my way to fly IAH-JFK on separate ticket, probably overnight, then fly JFK-NRT/HND just to do the new suites now that I had a chance to do both back to back.
Maybe it's worth to the OP if he wants to spend a night at TWA hotel.
That being said, if I hadn't flown the new suites, I will be temped to do so as well like you.
Just remember that NH new suite isn't EK or SQ suites.
Nor are the miles needed to fly NH vs EK or SQ suites.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I haven't flown new NH F but there's no way I'd add a 3hr flight + connection just to take it (and especially a bad connection, with no airside transfer, like at JFK). The "old" NH F is still an outstanding product.
roberto99 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ainternational
It would normally be no problem. Tons of time!
Except it is now not known what flights will arrive in T2, and require a move to T3 to catch the JAL flight. That might eat a bit of time. The statement of arrivals in T2 was "not by specific route, but by operational need"
​​​​
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:08 pm

I'm so ready to book, and have consigned my self to a 1st class/ business class combination flight. I'm short about 3,500 points for a full roundtrip with ANA. So my options at the moment is book a combination of ANA and JL or CX. Not ideal INMHO. I will still look at my options though. I could do the Virgin Atlantic option to Tokyo. I'm wary of their financial health though, and would much prefer to book direct.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:39 am

I'm so ready to book, and have consigned my self to a 1st class/ business class combination flight. I'm short about 3,500 points for a full roundtrip with ANA. So my options at the moment is book a combination of ANA and JL or CX. Not ideal INMHO. I will still look at my options though. I could do the Virgin Atlantic option to Tokyo. I'm wary of their financial health though, and would much prefer to book direct.
ANA does not offer one way awards through Virgin if that matters to your planning.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:17 pm

they have 6 planes now... routes are still JFK and LHR only?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
they have 6 planes now... routes are still JFK and LHR only?
2*JFK (NRT/HND) LHR FRA

Though with the current cuts to the network, who knows where they are flying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.