Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by arjaok
My wife and I are flying the SFO-NRT route in F in a few months. One thing I've read in a few reviews is that the "seat is not so wide". On Seatguru, the F seat is listed as 33 inches wide, the widest I've ever seen and twice as wide as their 16.5 inch economy seat. Is the width just mis-lableled or were people really considering 33 inches inadequate? I'm 6'2 225 and generally uncomfortable in Economy and even Economy plus type seats, so found these statements a bit concerning.
When in an upright position, the seat has armrests that come up and they do make the seat feel a lot narrower than it looks. You can see the armrest position in some of the pictures from jmj10's post above. I wouldn't be surprised if the 33" figure includes the armrests or was measured when the seat was in bed mode. That said, I wouldn't call it constraining or uncomfortable - perhaps just annoying.
arjaok likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:30 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
When in an upright position, the seat has armrests that come up and they do make the seat feel a lot narrower than it looks. You can see the armrest position in some of the pictures from jmj10's post above. I wouldn't be surprised if the 33" figure includes the armrests or was measured when the seat was in bed mode. That said, I wouldn't call it constraining or uncomfortable - perhaps just annoying.
I have flown in the NH F seats on the 777-300 many times. I have found NOTHING annoying about the seats or service. And I'm not a little guy....
arjaok likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by roberto99
I have flown in the NH F seats on the 777-300 many times. I have found NOTHING annoying about the seats or service. And I'm not a little guy....
It's annoying in the sense that at times I do wish the armrests could be manually adjusted, and I expounded on this as I do believe the criticisms mentioned by arjaok to be understandable.

I'm glad you have found nothing to be annoyed with, although what your size has to do with service, I'm not so sure...
arjaok likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:24 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
It's annoying in the sense that at times I do wish the armrests could be manually adjusted, and I expounded on this as I do believe the criticisms mentioned by arjaok to be understandable.

I'm glad you have found nothing to be annoyed with, although what your size has to do with service, I'm not so sure...

Gee, size obviously refers to seat comfort.
chrisny2 and arjaok like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Seems like some updates are coming.
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201902/20190219.html
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Lentibear
Seems like some updates are coming.
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201902/20190219.html
The new amenity kits look cool. The Ginza is notorious for its pricey cosmetics.

Looking forward to pictures (I won't be taking my next NH F until the summer).
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:43 am
Suspended

I booked award redemtion LAX-HND-LHR for Fabruary 2020
ANd I see what on both flights 1A is blocked. I whould like to have 1A seat on one flight do they block it for top status holders?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
NH012 NRT-HND (this review will be a bit longer and detailed!)
Did you contact them beforehand about your anniversary? If so, via what method contact?

My wife and I are flying them for our anniversary in a few weeks.

Last edited by armagebedar; Aug 16, 2019 at 7:08 am Reason: trimmed excessive quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

Hi! Nope - they asked if we were celebrating anything when we boarded. Good luck!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:39 am

Recently on NH106 (HND-LAX) the free wifi voucher in F was a full flight access voucher, which is a huge improvement over the 100MB card they gave out previously. Nice to see service levels / soft product actually improve on an airline!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Will NH126, the new 9PM HND-LAX, get full meal service or the reduced red-eye menu? It isn't clear from the website.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:32 am

Anybody else get an aircraft change message for NH105? I'm crossing my fingers for "The Suites" upgrades!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Will NH126, the new 9PM HND-LAX, get full meal service or the reduced red-eye menu? It isn't clear from the website.
I would expect full meal, but no real knowing until they publish the menus.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stillmatic
Anybody else get an aircraft change message for NH105? I'm crossing my fingers for "The Suites" upgrades!
Unless your flight is well in to the autumn, zero chance.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:15 pm

Flying NH175 and NH6 Feb 16 and Feb 22, respectively. Just out of curiosity if anyone is flying at/near the same time! First time in ANA F and looking forward to it, despite the older product!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.