FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:24 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by arjaok
My wife and I are flying the SFO-NRT route in F in a few months. One thing I've read in a few reviews is that the "seat is not so wide". On Seatguru, the F seat is listed as 33 inches wide, the widest I've ever seen and twice as wide as their 16.5 inch economy seat. Is the width just mis-lableled or were people really considering 33 inches inadequate? I'm 6'2 225 and generally uncomfortable in Economy and even Economy plus type seats, so found these statements a bit concerning.
When in an upright position, the seat has armrests that come up and they do make the seat feel a lot narrower than it looks. You can see the armrest position in some of the pictures from jmj10's post above. I wouldn't be surprised if the 33" figure includes the armrests or was measured when the seat was in bed mode. That said, I wouldn't call it constraining or uncomfortable - perhaps just annoying.