Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Alitalia downgraded my Freccia Alata Plus to Ulisses on 1 April, then offered me a challenge to take two biz flights to Rome to get Freccia Alata (Gold) for another year. I have booked and taken those flights, but my status still hasn't been updated to Freccia Alata...
Old May 30, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
My status has been upgraded to Gold (Freccia Alata) this morning.

I was Freccia Alata Plus and received the email with following challenge:

Take 4 Y flights on medium/long haul flights operated by Alitalia
Take 2 C flights on medium/long haul flights operated by Alitalia

I took the first challenge which I completed by the end of April.

I did book all the tickets via OTA.
2 of them where already booked before the mail with the challenge came in my inbox.
Tickets where in issued in R, H and B class

Status is valid until end of March 2018.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:45 am

Same here - my status got upgraded to Gold (Freccia Alata) this morning till March 2018.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by STelite
I got my status i believe sometime in mid 2015 and also had it up till 31/3/17.

Had credited about 16 flights on ST partners from 12/2015 - 2/2017 (no flights on AZ)

I got downgraded to the basic level as well and going through this thread there have been people who've only credited 1 or 2 ST partners and the got soft landing to GOLD.

Is AZ just randomly selecting people or was there an email I was supposed to respond to? (I've never received any communication from AZ)

Does it make any difference to call the call center?
I'm as confused as you. I've not made any efforts to find out more.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
I'm as confused as you. I've not made any efforts to find out more.

The mail was send around end of March (in my case 31March).

Seems that only FCP based outside Italy where targetted (in another forum, Italian based FCP where complaining they did not receive the email).

In my case during 2016 I credited on my FCP account 12 AZ flights and 5 EY. But could not reach any status with those.

My challenge was to take:

2 Business international legs or
4 Economy International legs

until end of April

Account owner had to make sure that all the flights where credited by end of May.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BA, Bonvoy, ALL
Got the email in March but I only read it today...
1 return medium-haul flight required (ie LHR-FCO) to qualify for ULISSE.
I was status matched to FRECCIA ALATA CLUB and took 4 EY flights on the card.

Separately, what's the best way to use 23k miles I now have in the account before they expire? Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:00 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
My FA+ soft landed to Ullise which will come inhandy tomorrow on a LIN-FCO light fare. Ullise get a free checked bag, so saved 15 euro. And I used the FA+ when I had it, earned 43k miles, for a CI PE RT BKK-LAX and a CZ business class RT BKK-PVG. Will be using the miles for an intra Asia flight since the fares are creeping up a little. Not bad for a status match.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
My FA+ soft landed to Ullise which will come inhandy tomorrow on a LIN-FCO light fare. Ullise get a free checked bag, so saved 15 euro. And I used the FA+ when I had it, earned 43k miles, for a CI PE RT BKK-LAX and a CZ business class RT BKK-PVG. Will be using the miles for an intra Asia flight since the fares are creeping up a little. Not bad for a status match.
Soft landing usually means just dropping one level. In your case, you dropped from Freccia Alata Plus, past Freccia Alata, to Ulisse. You went from Skyteam Elite Plus to Skyteam Elite, and missed a rung on the way down.

Are you sure you didn't just do enough flying to earn Ulisse outright, or via some kind of challenge/offer as discussed in this thread?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:51 am

I took the challenge and got the gold card back in April (I did 6 legs CDG-LIN; LIN-CTA; CTA-FCO;FCO-CDG; CDG-FCO; FCO-ATH)
- in bold the one that counted for the challenge-

After 6 months of Gold, my status got cancelled without any explanation end of September.
All miles from from April 2017 (around 10k) got cancelled.

Call center is explaining me that I was downgraded as the rules are following:
CDG-FCO and FCO-ATH are not counting as 2 qualifying flights but only as 1 as the 2 legs are in one booking number/ticket.
CDG-LIN; LIN-CTA; CTA-FCO;FCO-CDG; is counting as 2 legs because even if the booking code/ticket number is unique the flights to CDG are in 2 different days.

Therefore I made only 3 qualifying legs and not 4.
Call center was playing around the word legs and flights all the time.

I got downgraded to basic (no softlanding to Silver for me) and received my basic card yesterday.

Alitalia Millemiglia never again!!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
I took the challenge and got the gold card back in April (I did 6 legs CDG-LIN; LIN-CTA; CTA-FCO;FCO-CDG; CDG-FCO; FCO-ATH)
- in bold the one that counted for the challenge-

After 6 months of Gold, my status got cancelled without any explanation end of September.
All miles from from April 2017 (around 10k) got cancelled.

Call center is explaining me that I was downgraded as the rules are following:
CDG-FCO and FCO-ATH are not counting as 2 qualifying flights but only as 1 as the 2 legs are in one booking number/ticket.
CDG-LIN; LIN-CTA; CTA-FCO;FCO-CDG; is counting as 2 legs because even if the booking code/ticket number is unique the flights to CDG are in 2 different days.

Therefore I made only 3 qualifying legs and not 4.
Call center was playing around the word legs and flights all the time.

I got downgraded to basic (no softlanding to Silver for me) and received my basic card yesterday.

Alitalia Millemiglia never again!!
That is pretty bad!

I did a similar challenge, albeit I opted for two flights in business by flying LHR-FCO-TRN-FCO-LHR over an Easter weekend.

What annoyed me more was last weekend when I was flying BRE-AMS-LHR with KLM. At checkin at Bremen I was invited to use to the lounge as SkyTeam Elite Plus with Alitalia's Freccia Alata card. At the lounge I was refused entry as the agent would only let KLM/AirFrance elites to use the lounge... then at KLM Crown Lounge at Amsterdam I got asked for my Freccia Alata card despite having clearly printed "SkyTeam Elite Plus" on my boarding pass. I'll be avoiding Alitalia and SkyTeam in the future.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by megaloman
then at KLM Crown Lounge at Amsterdam I got asked for my Freccia Alata card despite having clearly printed "SkyTeam Elite Plus" on my boarding pass. I'll be avoiding Alitalia and SkyTeam in the future.
This was all the time this way... Where's the problem to show the card at the Lounge entrance?

Good luck with quitting SkyTeam, if you want to visit the LX lounges with, you also need to show your *Gold card as well...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
This was all the time this way... Where's the problem to show the card at the Lounge entrance?
It's not a problem, I was never asked to show my BA Executive Card at any of the One World lounges around the world, only once asked for my *G (which I didn't have) at the entrance to the "Elite Club" at LOT Polonez lounge in Warsaw...

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Good luck with quitting SkyTeam, if you want to visit the LX lounges with, you also need to show your *Gold card as well...
Never been asked to show my *Gold card at the LX lounges...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Never been asked to show my *Gold card at the LX lounges...
It's OT here... But at the SEN Lounge in ZRH, LX has even a Display that reminds you to show your card to the lounge dragons...
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:43 am

only once asked for my *G (which I didn't have) at the entrance to the "Elite Club" at LOT Polonez lounge in Warsaw
They always ask for the card at the Polonez lounge (I'm *G through SK, not sure they apply the same modus operandi for M&M's members).

That aside, poor show indeed from the lounge agents at BRE.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.