Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
deleted
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by vigorsol
I was matched to Freccia Alata (from BA silver) till 31/03/2017 . Soft landed to Ulisse (no communication from AZ about thi)
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Just like everyone on here I got a match from RJ Platinum (OWE) to Freccia Alata Plus. I just did it as an "insurance" , just in case I would have to fly Skyteam at some point in time, but have not flown a single flight, so there was no activity on my AZ profile.

I was surprised to see that I was only downgraded to Ulisse (Sky Team Elite), which is still good as it allows priority check in and a few other perks.
So it seems there is indeed a soft landing, albeit two levels down rather than one. If there were no soft landing then the posters above would have gone down to green/no status rather than Ulisse.

In my case I had sufficient qualification miles for Ulisse anyway, but seems I didn't need them!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:11 am

I was matched to Freccia Alata (from BA silver) till 31/03/2017 . Soft landed to Ulisse (no communication from AZ about thi)
Just like everyone on here I got a match from RJ Platinum (OWE) to Freccia Alata Plus. I just did it as an "insurance" , just in case I would have to fly Skyteam at some point in time, but have not flown a single flight, so there was no activity on my AZ profile.

I was surprised to see that I was only downgraded to Ulisse (Sky Team Elite), which is still good as it allows priority check in and a few other perks.
So it seems there is indeed a soft landing at least in some cases, albeit two levels down rather than one from FAP. If there were no soft landing then the posters above would have gone down to green/no status rather than Ulisse.

In my case I had sufficient qualification miles for Ulisse anyway, but seems I didn't need them!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
So it seems there is indeed a soft landing at least in some cases, albeit two levels down rather than one from FAP. If there were no soft landing then the posters above would have gone down to green/no status rather than Ulisse.

...but some people are reporting that they got downgraded to Basic/Green,so I am not sure what AZ's logic is
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
...but some people are reporting that they got downgraded to Basic/Green,so I am not sure what AZ's logic is
I was initially down to Basic/Green, few days later it changed to Ulisse. I only credited a single round trip HKG-TPE-HKG to AZ...
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I didn't realize I had the "Business For You" coupon until last night when I checked my welcome letter from last year. The letter was in Italian (even though my account is set in English), so I did not understand what "Business Por Te" means, and I thought status match does not qualify for the coupon.

Had I known, I could of use one of those coupon last year if I went to Italy. Oh well too late for that.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
My wife was matched to Freccia Alata (from BA bronze) till 31/03/2017. Now basic Millemiglia but she got an e-mail from AZ telling that an Ulisse card is "waiting" and she need a medium haul in any class before 30/04 (which is already booked btw)
I was matched to Freccia Alata till 31/3/17 too. Did too few short-hauls on AF, GA and RO. Now down to basic Green. No e-mails on any short-cuts to Ulisse.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
Had I known, I could of use one of those coupon last year if I went to Italy. Oh well too late for that.
Just to give you a slightly more positive perspective on the above, it wouldn't have been as straightforward as they put it, mostly due to the restricted number of booking classes which qualify for the upgrade through said voucher. In many cases, these [booking classes] will translate in fares which are way more expensive than the cheapest business class fare, making the whole thing not much more than a meagre marketing tool.

G
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ulisse for me. Probably 20 sectors since the status match, mostly on AZ and all on cheap tickets.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:28 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Landed at Ulisse also, as I had a PE RT on CI BKK-TPE-LAX and a Business class RT on CZ BKK-CAN-PVG. Received he email offer but no need for their flights. Seems difficult to get award space on DL US domestic flights.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
No soft landing here from Freccia Alata, with just a single DL JFK-LAX flight this year on ST.

I wonder if there's any use in contacting them for Ulisse..
Old May 5, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by travel_mav
I wonder if there's any use in contacting them for Ulisse..
I would hazard a guess that reviewing requests for a status match is pretty far down on the list of priorities for AZ right now
Old May 19, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
I had Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus (as a status match), which expired by the end of March 2017. Just received an Ulisse Card - so apparently this is a 2 level step down.

What are the benefits of Ulisse? Apparently it equals silver (SkyTeam Elite)
Old May 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by EBGflyer
What are the benefits of Ulisse? Apparently it equals silver (SkyTeam Elite)
http://bfy.tw/BtaR
Old May 22, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
I was matched to Freccia Alata till 31/3/17 too. Did too few short-hauls on AF, GA and RO. Now down to basic Green. No e-mails on any short-cuts to Ulisse.
I got my status i believe sometime in mid 2015 and also had it up till 31/3/17.

Had credited about 16 flights on ST partners from 12/2015 - 2/2017 (no flights on AZ)

I got downgraded to the basic level as well and going through this thread there have been people who've only credited 1 or 2 ST partners and the got soft landing to GOLD.

Is AZ just randomly selecting people or was there an email I was supposed to respond to? (I've never received any communication from AZ)

Does it make any difference to call the call center?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.