Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Old Aug 22, 19, 2:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) Le Club AccorHotels (Gold)
Merci for your quick reply
Old Aug 28, 19, 3:03 am

One hour layover in FOC - what checks to expect?

Hello, I am new here and would appreciate your advice 🙂

Q1: I booked a flight PRG - FOC - ICN Seoul. I will arrive to FOC on Thursday 3 October 2019 at 2 p.m (probably to T1 and will depart also from T1). I have only 1h 10 min to transfer to the connecting flight. Can I (and my checked-in luggage) make it on time? What checks will I need to go through? Can you recommend the fastest track to the gate?

Q2: on my return trip, I will fly from ICN to FOC (arrival to FOC 7 p.m.) but will continue to PRG the following morning at 9.30 a.m. Will I be able to pick my check-in luggage at FOC? I would like to by a lot of duty free goods in ICN so I would like to put them in my checked- in luggage as I am afraid they would be later confiscated in security check. Or is it possible to carry the duty free items on board if they are in a sealed plastic bag?

Q3: Is it worth to book a hotel in the Rome center for the one night on my return trip? I wanted to see a little bit of Rome but I would arrive very late. So I would have only about 1-2 hour at night. Notnsure what I can see...

Thanks for your help!
Zuzana
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: FB Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post

Thanks to both! Iíll go on my quest for a shower and report back with any findings
I can confirm the existence of at least two showers in the Alitalia Schengen lounge. On top of that, there was no waiting time whatsoever.
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:54 am

ATL-FCO-BUD

Hello - new user here -
Have read all the thread but know there have been lots of changes to Rome airport in the past few years, so just want to check to see if 1 hour 50 minute layover is enough:

In June 2020, flying Delta from Atlanta arriving 7:45am; Connecting AZ flight to Budapest at 9:25am. All on one ticket.

US passport holder with one checked bag. So non-Schengen-Schengen-Schengen flights, plus non-EU-EU-EU for customs. I know I will have to clear passport control/security in Rome, but will I also have to clear customs in Rome? Is 1 hour 50 minute connection time enough?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 14, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Roma airport is perfectly working. I would say one of the best in Europe on all the aspects.

Your connection time should be ok, if your flight from Atlanta is landing on time.
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE
Have to agree that FCO has gotten much better with the new terminal relieving much of the stress on Schengen area flights. Casa Alitalia lounges are quite nice, but can be full at peak hours (no worse than AMS or the dreaded JFK T4 sky club).
Old Yesterday, 11:39 am

Real time for transfer in FCO

Coming from NRT, arriving at T1, I spent 45í to go to B gates, for connection intra Schengen after luggage security and passeport control. No lounge in B area, only in D one (10í before)

Last edited by delanotre; Yesterday at 3:33 pm
Old Today, 4:25 am

Luggage security? Did you walk through customs and outside the buildings instead of straight from through the "walking connection airside"? That usually takes much less time, as it does not involve security.
Old Today, 4:29 am

Even if youíre in transfer, ie staying airside, you have a luggage security check before passeport checking.

Search this Thread