Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Merci for your quick reply ^
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:03 am

One hour layover in FOC - what checks to expect?

Hello, I am new here and would appreciate your advice 🙂

Q1: I booked a flight PRG - FOC - ICN Seoul. I will arrive to FOC on Thursday 3 October 2019 at 2 p.m (probably to T1 and will depart also from T1). I have only 1h 10 min to transfer to the connecting flight. Can I (and my checked-in luggage) make it on time? What checks will I need to go through? Can you recommend the fastest track to the gate?

Q2: on my return trip, I will fly from ICN to FOC (arrival to FOC 7 p.m.) but will continue to PRG the following morning at 9.30 a.m. Will I be able to pick my check-in luggage at FOC? I would like to by a lot of duty free goods in ICN so I would like to put them in my checked- in luggage as I am afraid they would be later confiscated in security check. Or is it possible to carry the duty free items on board if they are in a sealed plastic bag?

Q3: Is it worth to book a hotel in the Rome center for the one night on my return trip? I wanted to see a little bit of Rome but I would arrive very late. So I would have only about 1-2 hour at night. Notnsure what I can see...

Thanks for your help!
Zuzana
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingCow

Thanks to both! I’ll go on my quest for a shower and report back with any findings
I can confirm the existence of at least two showers in the Alitalia Schengen lounge. On top of that, there was no waiting time whatsoever.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:54 am

ATL-FCO-BUD

Hello - new user here -
Have read all the thread but know there have been lots of changes to Rome airport in the past few years, so just want to check to see if 1 hour 50 minute layover is enough:

In June 2020, flying Delta from Atlanta arriving 7:45am; Connecting AZ flight to Budapest at 9:25am. All on one ticket.

US passport holder with one checked bag. So non-Schengen-Schengen-Schengen flights, plus non-EU-EU-EU for customs. I know I will have to clear passport control/security in Rome, but will I also have to clear customs in Rome? Is 1 hour 50 minute connection time enough?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Roma airport is perfectly working. I would say one of the best in Europe on all the aspects.

Your connection time should be ok, if your flight from Atlanta is landing on time.
fmirenzi likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Have to agree that FCO has gotten much better with the new terminal relieving much of the stress on Schengen area flights. Casa Alitalia lounges are quite nice, but can be full at peak hours (no worse than AMS or the dreaded JFK T4 sky club).
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:39 am

Real time for transfer in FCO

Coming from NRT, arriving at T1, I spent 45’ to go to B gates, for connection intra Schengen after luggage security and passeport control. No lounge in B area, only in D one (10’ before)

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 22, 2019 at 3:33 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:25 am

Luggage security? Did you walk through customs and outside the buildings instead of straight from through the "walking connection airside"? That usually takes much less time, as it does not involve security.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:29 am

Even if you’re in transfer, ie staying airside, you have a cabin luggage security check before passeport checking.

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 29, 2019 at 11:11 am Reason: cabin
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm a very experienced BA and OneWorld flyer but with essentially zero Skyteam experience. MUC-FCO-AGP booked for the end of November on AZ. 45 minute connection. I know it'll be plain sailing if everything is on time, albeit we'll only have time for a toilet break at best, but how much delay can we handle, what are the odds of luggage making it, and is there any prospect of rerouting on AF if the inbound is delayed? Otherwise there are no more AZ flights for 24h, which would impact three conference attendees.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I think you have some good chance...to loose your connection and / or to receive your luggage the day after.

Except that, be very quickly at the toilet ...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

LHR - MLE with connection FCO

Hello I'm flying first time at FCO with the following details:
(23/11/2019)LHR - FCO landing 20:30 and the second flight to Maldives:
(23/11/2019) FCO 22:30 - MLE with 2 hour stopover. The arrival and departure will be at different terminals, do I need to go through security and passport control on each terminal or is the connection done inside the Airport?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
Originally Posted by Marta24
Hello I'm flying first time at FCO with the following details:
(23/11/2019)LHR - FCO landing 20:30 and the second flight to Maldives:
(23/11/2019) FCO 22:30 - MLE with 2 hour stopover. The arrival and departure will be at different terminals, do I need to go through security and passport control on each terminal or is the connection done inside the Airport?
You should only have to go through security once.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by fmirenzi
You should only have to go through security once.
Thanks for your response, how does it work? do I need to exit the terminal and go to the other one?

In our outbound we have 2 hours stopover, and in our way back we only have 1h and 20minutes.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:48 am

Both flights are in the same terminal, 3: LHR is in a non-Schengen country (and, obviously, so are the Maldives). No problem for either connection, assuming no delays of the incoming flights.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.