FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:03 am
Palomazz

One hour layover in FOC - what checks to expect?

Hello, I am new here and would appreciate your advice 🙂

Q1: I booked a flight PRG - FOC - ICN Seoul. I will arrive to FOC on Thursday 3 October 2019 at 2 p.m (probably to T1 and will depart also from T1). I have only 1h 10 min to transfer to the connecting flight. Can I (and my checked-in luggage) make it on time? What checks will I need to go through? Can you recommend the fastest track to the gate?

Q2: on my return trip, I will fly from ICN to FOC (arrival to FOC 7 p.m.) but will continue to PRG the following morning at 9.30 a.m. Will I be able to pick my check-in luggage at FOC? I would like to by a lot of duty free goods in ICN so I would like to put them in my checked- in luggage as I am afraid they would be later confiscated in security check. Or is it possible to carry the duty free items on board if they are in a sealed plastic bag?

Q3: Is it worth to book a hotel in the Rome center for the one night on my return trip? I wanted to see a little bit of Rome but I would arrive very late. So I would have only about 1-2 hour at night. Notnsure what I can see...

Thanks for your help!
Zuzana