Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do in ANC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Yup, jackal is correct. Give this road 12 months and it will be garbage again.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Having just spent a week in Alaska, let me chime in here.

I heartily recommend Simon and Seafort in Anchorage. A little pricey, but the fresh salmon was among the best I've ever had. Anywhere. ^

I also highly recommend Portage Glacier. I really enjoyed that tour. My son and wife did take the Price William Sound tour and they found that to be more interesting than the Portage Glacier tour, but I can't compare the two.

Exit Glacier is definitely worth a trip. Funny that I was just there and I don't remember if the road was paved or gravel.

And to the OP, if you're going to Alaska, you must, MUST, get up to Denali National Park and Preserve. Spend 1 or 2 nights at one of the cabin or lodge sites, I stayed at the Denali Cabins off of exit marker 229 and it was fine. And you must take the bus tour through the park. It was like being on a safari, with all the wildlife we saw, and all up close. Except, of course, for the Dall sheep.

Enjoy Alaska!

Last edited by tonypct; Jul 6, 2008 at 7:55 am
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Quick question regarding ANC. Can one transit between the North and South Terminal without having to re-clear security?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Quick question regarding ANC. Can one transit between the North and South Terminal without having to re-clear security?
Short answer....NO

Long answer.....NNNNOOOOO

There is a walkway being constructed, but is is my understanding that it can only be accessed landside.

You can take a shuttle between the two, but you do have two security checkpoints to deal with.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:15 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by BOB W
You can take a shuttle between the two, but you do have two security checkpoints to deal with.
If you arrive in one terminal and depart from the other, you only have ONE security checkpoint to deal with - no security leaving the first terminal
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:42 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by fti
If you arrive in one terminal and depart from the other, you only have ONE security checkpoint to deal with - no security leaving the first terminal
True. You walk out of one with your shoes on & you baggie tucked away. You walk through the other with your shoes off and a declaration of what shampoo & moisturizer your prefer for God, country and the TSA to inspect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.