Search

web checkin ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:09 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
web checkin ?

If you checkin more than once what do they use as the checkin time? Your first time checking in or the last time youve done it?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
When you go to Web Checkin after the initial time (to change seats, etc.) you'll noticed that it says "already checked in." My educated guess is that the initial check-in time remains your check-in time and that subsequent "check-ins" are just treated as changes/updates if you change seats.

Why would this be important anyway, except if the flight was oversold and you were afraid of being IDB'd? I wasn't aware that check-in time was used as a tie-breaker for upgrades as it is on CO.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:34 pm
ANC
Original Poster

its what the airport standby list is set for
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
I guess Missy would know best but last I heard the list is transferred to the airport at right about T-24 just before check-in is opened up. So you would still be on the list based on your status and when you initially requested an upgrade for that flight - usually when the ticket was purchased.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Or so we suspect...

Things are never as they seem!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:53 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
Or so we suspect...

Things are never as they seem!
well I suppose they dont want us to know. If we knew that would mean no more shenanigans going on. Why wont AS display the UG list at the gate like some other carriers?....hmmmm
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
well I suppose they dont want us to know. If we knew that would mean no more shenanigans going on. Why wont AS display the UG list at the gate like some other carriers?....hmmmm
Not only does SEA do it on paper, but they frequently print out new ones on standby changes/UG/etc

At least they did this on 129 last week in SEA. I was in the BR most of the time for the 127 so i didnt really see if they continued to do it.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Probably because it costs money for those screens.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, PC Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by maokh
Not only does SEA do it on paper, but they frequently print out new ones on standby changes/UG/etc

At least they did this on 129 last week in SEA. I was in the BR most of the time for the 127 so i didnt really see if they continued to do it.
The only time I recall seeing this was for a SEA-MCO flight. There were 38 people on the F class waitlist, which seemed pretty high to me. I too wish there was more transparency or at least more knowledge about the specifics.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 7D
The only time I recall seeing this was for a SEA-MCO flight. There were 38 people on the F class waitlist, which seemed pretty high to me. I too wish there was more transparency or at least more knowledge about the specifics.
Wow, you'd think it was a northwest SEA-MSP/SEA-DTW flight.

I remember seeing over 50 people on the monitor. Amazing.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:06 pm
ANC
Original Poster

No sonner did I mention shenanigans than do I see blatant disregard for golds and the waitlist today. I am PISSED! Flight 181 I hear a pax go to the counter and ask about F. She says its checked in and he asks where am I on the list she said "9th"! Ok well boarding almost ends and I am there waiting in case of no shows just as this guy is doing. Then guess what we have an open F seat now. The GA says to the lady at the counter "we have a seat should I go see if the lady in 7E wants to move up?" "No" says the disrespectful agent at the counter "I'll take care of this." She prints this guy a BP who is 9th on the list and he goes happily on his way. Come to find out I was 4th on the list! What is this crap! I bet that takes place all the time and hence why there is NO list publicly displayed. They'd no longer get away with letting their friends skip the line! Rest assured I WILL BE contacting AS management in Anchorage face to face!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by maokh

My observations have been consistently that there is a paper upgrade listing at each AS gate. They even have made holders for them with an inscription that reads "Upgrade Standby List" or something similar. I've seen these holders since October at SEA.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:19 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dave1013
My observations have been consistently that there is a paper upgrade listing at each AS gate. They even have made holders for them with an inscription that reads "Upgrade Standby List" or something similar. I've seen these holders since October at SEA.
there dang sure wasnt ONE TODAY!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dave1013
This is only for the gate agents though right- its not like they post it on a bulletin board... that would be a fun way to do it
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
No sonner did I mention shenanigans than do I see blatant disregard for golds and the waitlist today. I am PISSED! Flight 181 I hear a pax go to the counter and ask about F. She says its checked in and he asks where am I on the list she said "9th"! Ok well boarding almost ends and I am there waiting in case of no shows just as this guy is doing. Then guess what we have an open F seat now. The GA says to the lady at the counter "we have a seat should I go see if the lady in 7E wants to move up?" "No" says the disrespectful agent at the counter "I'll take care of this." She prints this guy a BP who is 9th on the list and he goes happily on his way. Come to find out I was 4th on the list! What is this crap! I bet that takes place all the time and hence why there is NO list publicly displayed. They'd no longer get away with letting their friends skip the line! Rest assured I WILL BE contacting AS management in Anchorage face to face!
I wonder where The Lady in 7E was on the list, but that's irrelevant since they moved Mr. 9 up front instead of you (or her). On the face it doesn't make any sense, and based upon what you say, I'd be hacked, too. Please let us know how this turns out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.