Community
Wiki Posts
Search

web checkin ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
<snip>
(Oh, and FWIW, technically, I didn't misunderstand the problem, as the current issue is indeed a symptom of "the waitlist processor [not] run[ning] immediately" "when the inventory management folks decide to release some extra seats into U (from F)." I just misunderstood the design...which means that the problem I noticed still exists, except that now it's a problem of design rather than programming errors or delays. You mentioned a potential fix that you were unsure of the implementation date for...that is the real fix that needs to occur.)
Either fix the waitlist processessor or open back up the loophole so we can call anytime and upgrade (locking it under 'airport control' makes it more difficult for FTers to exploit )
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:44 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by jackal
I notice you didn't include the third part to Seat 7D's sentence...so I presume discussion isn't a waste of time...
of course not... armchair quarterbacking is always amusing to read
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by missydarlin
of course not... armchair quarterbacking is always amusing to read
Well, at least it's the American way!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I actually would like AS to implement an extremely complex, convoluted, unpublished upgrading process. Maybe even a lotto. bring the excitement back into getting upgrades!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:35 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by maokh
I actually would like AS to implement an extremely complex, convoluted, unpublished upgrading process. Maybe even a lotto. bring the excitement back into getting upgrades!
You could just all send me your confirmation codes and I can randomly downgrade you, or put in a request to the TSA for some white glove love. That would be exciting!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Boardroom, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by dave1013
At SEA, they are at each gate - not at the small desk where they scan BP's by the boarding door, but at the "main desk".
I do see the upgrade list on every Hawaii flight at the main desk posted for the world to see (4 times last year and just last week), I assume it's not procedure. It's great because unless I'm upgraded pre flight (pre 24 hours), it doesn't happen and I am one or two on the list knowing someone will pay.....but I do see an upgrade list and it shows my name after I've done OLCI. So I do see it, I often wondered why only the Hawaii outbound flights did it, and I never saw it out of SEA or PDX.

It's good to see I'm not the only one that sees random reasons why someone is bumped to first. But I just sit there and think they must have been higher up than me or paid. It makes me feel better about my free drink in coach .
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, PC Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
You could just all send me your confirmation codes and I can randomly downgrade you, or put in a request to the TSA for some white glove love. That would be exciting!
No thanks. The airlines have already done enough on that front...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25835893/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.