Wiki Posts
Search

"My Account" down?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:06 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question

Why don't airlines work on upgrading a "mirror" site and leave the old in place until they are ready? Then just dump the old and replace it with the "mirror"...........
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
Why don't airlines work on upgrading a "mirror" site and leave the old in place until they are ready? Then just dump the old and replace it with the "mirror"...........
That is pretty much how any mission-critical system would be fielded. MP not critical enough, I guess.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
OK, so I was finally able to "buy" one award ticket three hours ago. However, I can't do the usual MVPG seat selection (just standard coach seats), and I can't log into My Account at all (just My Trips), so this still is a mess. Still holding off on buying the revenue tickets and hoping my held reservations won't expire before I can do so online.

We're coming up on 24 hours of serious system instability here.

I do have to wonder if what doog noted about load testing is true. That's been where most technical upgrades I've been involved with have failed -- not testing enough simultaneous users in enough faux real world conditions.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:01 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm still waiting for feedback from a couple other departments, so I don't have an accurate update as of yet. It's likely going to be tomorrow morning before I have additional info.

I'd recommend calling in to purchase your ticket before it expires, then once things have settled down, ask Customer Care to give you the bonus miles you would have earned for the online booking.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
We went over "OMG, why didn't Alaska mirror their systems?!?!?!?! That's so OBVIOUS!!!" in the thread complaining about the outage (starting at pages 3/4). Suffice it to say that no, you're not presenting something that wasn't discussed over at AS's HQ and evaluated as an option.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity...are these system issues affecting what a CSR can see in our account?

I am at a critical day or two out to reserve 2 AS partner award tickets to Europe.... is the CSR going to be able to see I have enough miles?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL 2MM, UA 1P, AS, HH, SPG, Marriott Gold
I've been on the phone for 40 mins with CSR trying to get a change to a purchased ticket. Her system froze when she tried to find my ticket using my mileage number.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:42 am

So does this mean no award redemptions by call-in either until the MP system is "fixed"?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robsawatsky
So does this mean no award redemptions by call-in either until the MP system is "fixed"?

I called the partner desk this morning to get an award on AF to Europe... they were able to book it and saw my account balance as well..
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Missy...........what's the word?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:55 am

Contact Customer Care

The My Account problem has been going on too long now and I encourage everyone who is concerned to contact Alaska's Web Customer Care. The best way to do so is by email and this can be done by bringing up the My Account site (you won't be able to log on) and select "Contact Us." Or go to:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/hel...cts/HelpMP.asp

And select "Contact Customer Care."

Voice your dissatisfaction and express your frustrations. Believe me this will be heard and more effectively than a phone call!

What should have been done in the first place was to run both the old and new systems at the same time. This would have allowed them to get the "bugs" out without disrupting the total system! Someone was not thinking the transition through.

Alaska needs to act on solving this problem immediately or it may become a serious matter in the long run.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by guystan
The My Account problem has been going on too long now and I encourage everyone who is concerned to contact Alaska's Web Customer Care. ....snip

Alaska needs to act on solving this problem immediately or it may become a serious matter in the long run.
I am sure Alaska Airlines is completely aware of the situation and frustration it has caused to customers and are working to solve it. Complaining now won't likely result in a quicker fix, just more email to handle. The only positive maybe that they throw a few bonus points the complainers way.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:20 am

maybe accessing "My Account" is now only for Platinums?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:33 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by robsawatsky
IComplaining now won't likely result in a quicker fix, just more email to handle.
Exactly.

I'm working with 3 different departments to get up an information page on the website, and will have some information to post here on Flyertalk as well.

What I know now, is that our project team, all of our contractors, and two of our vendors are working on the issue.

Online award levels and change fees will be charged through the call center until further notice. Loyalty marketing has assured me that members who lose online booking bonuses by having to go through the call center will be made whole. When I have more information, I'll let you all know.

Unless you have an immediate travel or redemption need, we ask that you be patient with us and stay off the phone lines, email, and not try to log into your My Account every 15 minutes until we get things up and stable again.

There will be plenty of time to file your complaints once the system is back up.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:18 pm

"These honors mean a great deal to us as they are based on the votes of frequent flyers — those truly dedicated road warriors who know the ins and outs of travel, and who appreciate Alaska Airlines' unique blend of customer service and technological innovation" — Rick Rasmussen, Alaska Airlines Director of Loyalty Marketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.