Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I'll be up in Seattle this weekend for the UW-UO game and am looking for a sports bar that will show the UFC fight Saturday evening. Does anyone know of a sports bar in Seattle that regularly shows the UFC fights?
Fox Sport Bar at 6th & Pike has lots of screens. I'm sure they would be willing to set one to view UFC.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

AUS and ATL, heck even IAH could be interesting... And a decent airfare... So those could be options-
the cheapest for those are 99 each way... sfo/oak is 40 for a total of 100 rt and easy same day turn/ 6 hours total committed. will likely do that unless there's something better out there.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by brarrr

AUS and ATL, heck even IAH could be interesting... And a decent airfare... So those could be options-
the cheapest for those are 99 each way... sfo/oak is 40 for a total of 100 rt and easy same day turn/ 6 hours total committed. will likely do that unless there's something better out there.
But those are new AS cities to check out

But if its only 1200... Yeah, you'd hit that enroute to IAH...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I'm going to be either 1200 or 2100 miles off of hitting mvp with current planned travel. Which means time for a MR. Anything interesting going on that I've missed? (it'll probably be 1200 miles that I need vs. the other) Worst case is a bay area run and visit friends... but maybe something else is out there? Can be partner as I'm well past 5k miles on AA/DL this year.
SEA-SFO is at $101 all-in r/t. (You can thank Sir Richard Branson for that one.)
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
DL Skyclub forum

I notice they have one dedicated to guesting FT'ers - has AS ever had something similar for BR?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I notice they have one dedicated to guesting FT'ers - has AS ever had something similar for BR?
People have tried... but I don't think there is enough AS BR members who post to have made it a success...

<posting from the ANC BR>
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:58 pm

In X-Mas trouble

Trying to get a 2 and 5 year old back to Boston to see both sets of grandparents for X-Mas. Limited by work to leaving no sooner than 12/20 returning flexible 12/31 - 1/5. We're looking at $700 for the direct flight and redeye doesn't really work with a two year old. I don't expect 300-400 tickets but 500 is sounding like a bargain right now.

Fairs jumped 250-300 dollars in the past week. Any ideas if there will be a brief drop before the the holidays or will this just keep going higher. I guess we can always just celebrate via Skype.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:41 am

People have tried... but I don't think there is enough AS BR members who post to have made it a success...

<posting from the ANC BR>
I'm thinking of giving Beckoa my UN & PW so I can become a FT Evangelist. I have just over 2k posts in 5 years. With his help I should get there some time early Tuesday morning..... I won't have much time since sobriety is not allowed before, during or soon after BooDo^^:-::-:
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:42 am

Just post to this thread. If someone is available, we will be happy to help out.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Dasha
Trying to get a 2 and 5 year old back to Boston to see both sets of grandparents for X-Mas. Limited by work to leaving no sooner than 12/20 returning flexible 12/31 - 1/5. We're looking at $700 for the direct flight and redeye doesn't really work with a two year old. I don't expect 300-400 tickets but 500 is sounding like a bargain right now.

Fairs jumped 250-300 dollars in the past week. Any ideas if there will be a brief drop before the the holidays or will this just keep going higher. I guess we can always just celebrate via Skype.
Where are you flying from?

Unfortunately, your days are right at the peak periods. Based on my recent searches trying to do something similar for a family member, to get the best fares, you need to leave on or before 12/16 and come home on or after 1/8. As you come in closer to Christmas/New Year's from those dates, the fares climb. They start to get out of control after 12/22 and before 1/6, but that was a week ago, so availability in the lower fare buckets may have gotten even tighter in the meantime.

In order to have reasonable fares, you have to be flexible to travel when others aren't. If you're limited in your dates (as you are), you're competing with everyone else who is limited with his or her dates (which is most people).

But if you post where you're flying from, maybe one of us can help hunt you down something...

Last edited by jackal; Oct 23, 2009 at 12:55 am
Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BOB W
Just post to this thread. If someone is available, we will be happy to help out.
Actually, I was going to offer to guest. I sprung for a BR membership recently since DL pulled out of Priority Pass, but almost always travel alone. Any of you have good "soup luck" so I can finally try the elusive chowder?

(on the other hand, I've been spared the "cheese" soup, as I loathe broccoli, green pepper and celery)
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:58 am

We're flying from PDX

Thanks for your response. It is as I feared. I held out hope that there might be a 24 - 48 hr period where fares dip before the final vertical climb. We're trying to go PDX to BOS, PVD, or BDL

Much thanks for you inut
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:43 pm

Actually, I was going to offer to guest. I sprung for a BR membership recently since DL pulled out of Priority Pass, but almost always travel alone. Any of you have good "soup luck" so I can finally try the elusive chowder?

(on the other hand, I've been spared the "cheese" soup, as I loathe broccoli, green pepper and celery)
Tried the chowder in LAX once... I'd say stick with Ivars personally

As for the cheese... they were tiny pieces of green pepper and celery (the broccoli is in another varietal) so you would hardly notice it...
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I can vouch for that. Thanks Beckoa for the tour of ANC. I'll have to show you around the Bay Area sometime. Woohoo, I'll be up in SEA in about 9 hours. Hopefully I'll bring some nice weather.
No problem ^ I'll make it down there sometime

Heard it was pouring in EUG... and its not exactly sunny in ANC either (if it wasn't raining I'd be changing over my tires ) but nice weather is always nice

Now where the heck did all the snow go? I saw flakes once or twice, and its even melted out of the front ranges...
Old Oct 24, 2009, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Now where the heck did all the snow go? I saw flakes once or twice, and its even melted out of the front ranges...
Now that I got my studded tires on, it's OK for the snow to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.