Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by maokh
"I'm Patty Murray, and i approve this upgrade!"
From now on, I'm replying to all "will I get an upgrade in this situation" questions on FT with a link to my post and "it depends on if Patty Murray is on your flight.

BTW, the best part of it was the person telling me that she flies fairly often on the same UA flights w/ her, and that there's no way that Murray has status on AS - this, coming from someone who crossed her 75K on our flight, I'll take seriously.

"and clearly, you don't have status on this flight, Senator."
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Well it finally happened to me. I called the MVPG desk this afternoon and got someone who seemed to have a bad attitude and sounded like she didn't want to be at work. What a major difference compared the upbeat people I usually talk to. I'm sure it was just a glitch.

On a side note it was good to hear music for the 3-5 seconds i was on hold. no dead air like when the phone changes went in.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
Well it finally happened to me. I called the MVPG desk this afternoon and got someone who seemed to have a bad attitude and sounded like she didn't want to be at work. What a major difference compared the upbeat people I usually talk to. I'm sure it was just a glitch.

On a side note it was good to hear music for the 3-5 seconds i was on hold. no dead air like when the phone changes went in.
It is nice to hear music... but only for a few seconds
Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by United757
Heh I can't wait to see how he gets you back
Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Is that your placeholder post for the incriminating evidence?

...or is it the FT profanity filter at work?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Is that your placeholder post for the incriminating evidence?

...or is it the FT profanity filter at work?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, ICH P Club Plat, Hertz#1 5Star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing

The MVPG desk was having problems during the afternoon. Early on you would get the voice recognition system ..then a busy signal when it attempted to transfer you ..later on you just got a recording to call back later, so I suspect whoever you spoke to either was really under the gun ..or wasn't usually on the MVPG desk.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:46 am

Exclamation ...and now for jackal...

Old Aug 7, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
[random two-year-old photos]
Well, if you want to play that game...

Check back in a few days.

Last edited by jackal; Aug 7, 2010 at 3:04 am
Old Aug 7, 2010, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Well, if you want to play that game...

Check back in a few days.
Hey now... there were some good pics there
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They're both good sets of photos.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
They're both good sets of photos.
Well the ones that jackal took was with an iphone... so the quality of the photos are

That's right... I mentioned iphone again in this thread!

(Granted my blackberry would not do any better for image quality)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
So, I was checking fares from SFO-ANC in December in case I needed a MR to get MVPG again and figuring a chance of the Northern Lights was worth the trip. Damn, I understand what those in AK are complaining about fares. That's a lot of $$$$. I understand it is not tourist season and they don't have shuttle flights to SEA like they do in the Summer but....damn! That's a lot of money! Maybe I'll have to do a MR to Hawaii?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Maybe I'll have to do a MR to Hawaii?
I think those are going to be the deals from here, and probably not-too-elite-heavy for the time being. (However, there will be a fair amount of people paying for F for their "vacation of a lifetime to paradise."
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
So, I was checking fares from SFO-ANC in December in case I needed a MR to get MVPG again and figuring a chance of the Northern Lights was worth the trip. Damn, I understand what those in AK are complaining about fares. That's a lot of $$$$. I understand it is not tourist season and they don't have shuttle flights to SEA like they do in the Summer but....damn! That's a lot of money! Maybe I'll have to do a MR to Hawaii?
Well depending on dates... it could be cheaper to route to ANC via OGG/HNL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.