Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines Working to Launch Inflight Wireless Internet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Working to Launch Inflight Wireless Internet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
The real question will be what will it cost? Rember in flight phones they were on the range of $3-6 per minute.

Hopefully its a by the flight or month option.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Double post sorry
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by terrier
The HughesNet beams cover North America.
This was the advantage of the Connexion (sp?) service. Truly global reach so you could be flying to Germany or Israel and keep in touch. HughesNET does not have that. Probably never will, unless they can find some way to take advantage of Boeing's satellite (not much chance w/the military renting them, but one can hope).
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by whjensen
This was the advantage of the Connexion (sp?) service. Truly global reach so you could be flying to Germany or Israel and keep in touch. HughesNET does not have that. Probably never will, unless they can find some way to take advantage of Boeing's satellite (not much chance w/the military renting them, but one can hope).
IIRC all of the Boeing Connexion capacity was leased. They never had any capacity of their own. Hughes could try and cobble together a network the same way, but I can't imagine they'll bother.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, MR Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by erikatcuse
The real question will be what will it cost? Rember in flight phones they were on the range of $3-6 per minute.

Hopefully its a by the flight or month option.
Conxection ranged from $10 - $20 depending on length of flight. Maybe free for MVPG members? Wouldn't that be sweet? Or free for FC pax?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by erikatcuse
Rember in flight phones they were on the range of $3-6 per minute.
Years ago, I was stuck behind a fellow yakking on one just about the entire flight: JFK - LAX.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, MR Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Years ago, I was stuck behind a fellow yakking on one just about the entire flight: JFK - LAX.
That HAD to be cheap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.