Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Long wait for bags - just de riguer nowadays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long wait for bags - just de riguer nowadays?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jackal
I have since learned to wait onboard until I see the cart being pushed out. They generally get the cart out quicker than other airlines get bags into the jetway.
This is my experience as well. On the SEA-PDX flights, they can get a cart full of bags wheeled out in 3-4 minutes. The cart will sometimes even beat the last exiting passenger. I did learn my lesson a few years ago on my first SEA-PDX flight that a rain jacket in your ala cart bag does no good. Worst case, I wait for the cart onboard.

Re: checked baggage, my last two mainline arrivals were into the far part of C; I was early off the plane, made a quick bathroom stop, and my bag was waiting for me both times. That (or the 20 minute pledge) would be unheard of on DL or UA at SEA.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:30 am

This HAS to be a record for oldest thread ever revived. 2006? May it have rested in peace!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:53 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
This is my experience as well. On the SEA-PDX flights, they can get a cart full of bags wheeled out in 3-4 minutes. The cart will sometimes even beat the last exiting passenger. I did learn my lesson a few years ago on my first SEA-PDX flight that a rain jacket in your ala cart bag does no good. Worst case, I wait for the cart onboard.

Re: checked baggage, my last two mainline arrivals were into the far part of C; I was early off the plane, made a quick bathroom stop, and my bag was waiting for me both times. That (or the 20 minute pledge) would be unheard of on DL or UA at SEA.
IME at SEA, the priority bags on UA come quickly.

On AS, the bags come within 20 minutes, but there is no priority baggage service, so I've often had to wait for the bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.