Wiki Posts
Search

How to find out my eTicket number

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
How to find out my eTicket number

I booked an Alaska flight as an AA codeshare, and now need an eticket number to do an online check in. The AA site doesn't show it, and I can't find the ticketing confirmation email. Is there any way to find it other then calling AA or Alaska?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
I booked an Alaska flight as an AA codeshare, and now need an eticket number to do an online check in. The AA site doesn't show it, and I can't find the ticketing confirmation email. Is there any way to find it other then calling AA or Alaska?
Try checking your credit card statement or online service. The transaction description will include the ticket number.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Most likely, you will have to call either AA or AS

Last edited by gaugeguy; Mar 17, 2005 at 10:54 am Reason: sp.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:03 pm

My understanding with AA codeshares on AS, AA can find your ticket no. based on their PNR, but this isn't shared with AS's reservation system. But AS can find you by passenger's name. It's not as integrated as it could be.

Like johnp012001 says, the ticket no. is included in the e-mail confirmation.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by garlin
My understanding with AA codeshares on AS, AA can find your ticket no. based on their PNR, but this isn't shared with AS's reservation system. But AS can find you by passenger's name. It's not as integrated as it could be.

Like johnp012001 says, the ticket no. is included in the e-mail confirmation.
AS has to have the AA ticket number, otherwise, it wouldn't let you on the plane. The e-ticket virtual "coupon" has to be used by AS for them to get paid for the flight, and it must be accessible in some field by the AS agent.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
I found the ticket number on the credit card statement and was able to check in.

The problem is that apparently Alaska site doesn't allow you to change your seat during checkin and that was the whole point of checking in online for me. So, is there any way to cancel an online check-in and check in the airport instead??
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
The problem is that apparently Alaska site doesn't allow you to change your seat during checkin and that was the whole point of checking in online for me. So, is there any way to cancel an online check-in and check in the airport instead??
Just go through with the check in and take your boarding passes to the gate agent. S/he can change your seat and issue you new bp's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.