Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMF-SEA-MIA please!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2002, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

SMF-SEA-MIA please!

Congrats to AS for adding the SEA-MIA route. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't seem to allow for same-day connections to/from SMF. If they ever add a flight to that route, perhaps they could consider scheduling to allow such connections.

I for one, would use such a service (there is no SMF-MIA non-stop, so if I'm going to connect it may as well be on my airline of choice).
Old Oct 12, 2002, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Agreed - some of the transcon services are almost impossible to use (either one direction or the other) from Northern Cal. But I would guess that its not in the AS business model to seriously market those flights to us - of course, they will sell them. They are designed for O/D travel. When you think about a market like OAK/IAD, which is very competitive now, AS has no incentive to sell you an OAK/SEA/IAD trip because not only to they sell it cheaply, but they have basically filled up an OAK/SEA seat for free, and can't sell it to another pax (esp. in light of reduced capacity in some west coast markets).

And so those are my thoughts, which may have no basis in fact, rationality or sanity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.