Wiki Posts
Search

Vegas Fare Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2002, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
Vegas Fare Question

America West just announced a $88 SEA/LAS for December. Do those of you in the know think AS will match it?
Old Oct 13, 2002, 9:11 am

While others have slashed west coast route fares over the last few months (especially WN, UA and HP), AS (from what I have observed) has been very selective in matching the lowball fares. They used to, without fail, match WN's web specials (issued every Monday night) by Tuesday afternoons. Not a guaranteed scenario anymore.

It seems to be more hit and miss now; while a matching SEA-LAS fare may not be promoted on AS's web site, plug your ideal travel dates in and see what happens... I've seen AS "match" fares without announcing it. I've also found that by scouring Orbitz every day or so, sometimes a special fare will pop up there that isn't even on "the company" website.

Good luck & keep hunting! Remember that traditionally the 4th qtr is the worst for airline travel, so they'll be looking to fill seats (except around Thanksgiving & Christmas).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.