Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Unable to purchase flights with an AA segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2024, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

Anyone else having this issue recently? I’m unable to purchase any flights with an AA segment today on AS website. Called 100K line and also confirmed unable to “confirm” flights in AA segment.
Old May 20, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
I have AS award tickets with AA segments. Maybe available as an award?
Old May 20, 2024, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman
Anyone else having this issue recently? I’m unable to purchase any flights with an AA segment today on AS website. Called 100K line and also confirmed unable to “confirm” flights in AA segment.
Bought one today. No issue.
Old May 20, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Been having the same issue with some paid tickets for the last week or two with different flights. The first one I eventually was able to get booked by just trying again once or twice a day several days in a row.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:25 pm

Seems it has gotten worse, haven't been able to book anything with an AA code share for the last week or so. Their new site doesn't even list these flight options I want though, wonder if they are drawing down their code sharing with AA. And given how awards are still broken when trying to use them on AA flights, they at a minimum have no interest in maintaining the partnership.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:55 pm

I agree there seem to be less codeshare choices than in prior years. In past years, have booked Alaska Air flights out of outlying communities in Alaska, e.g. ADQ, OME, BRW, that linked up with AA via codeshares to take advantage of the summer flights AA has to Chicago and Dallas in the evening from Anchorage. This routing is much more efficient for returning to the East Coast than waiting for Alaska's midnight and after flights via Seattle, Portland or LA. The flights and connections are still theoretically available, but won't come up anymore on AA or AS booking engines.
Old May 22, 2024, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drseagrass
I agree there seem to be less codeshare choices than in prior years. In past years, have booked Alaska Air flights out of outlying communities in Alaska, e.g. ADQ, OME, BRW, that linked up with AA via codeshares to take advantage of the summer flights AA has to Chicago and Dallas in the evening from Anchorage. This routing is much more efficient for returning to the East Coast than waiting for Alaska's midnight and after flights via Seattle, Portland or LA. The flights and connections are still theoretically available, but won't come up anymore on AA or AS booking engines.

now going in 4 days. Not a single one will complete in which an AA leg is involved from MKE to seattle via ORD. The direct flights leave too early for a full business day so will just start my delta flights through Minneapolis
Old May 28, 2024, 7:50 pm

And now prices have gone down on flights I previously booked, and I can't rebook them. Alaska lost my business on one of them so far. Too bad there's no way to reach out to anyone at Alaska to actually take a look at this, being passed back and forth between reservations and customer care with both saying they can't escalate the issue is a big problem with them.
Old May 28, 2024, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
And now prices have gone down on flights I previously booked, and I can't rebook them. Alaska lost my business on one of them so far. Too bad there's no way to reach out to anyone at Alaska to actually take a look at this, being passed back and forth between reservations and customer care with both saying they can't escalate the issue is a big problem with them.
Yeah I booked a couple flights on delta as well. Connection through Minneapolis on delta as opposed to ORD on AA home to Seattle. Oh well.
alphaeagle likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Does bookwithmatrix help at all?

Are these showing up on matrix.itasoftware.com at all? Just curious. Or Powertools.
Old May 29, 2024, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Does bookwithmatrix help at all?

Are these showing up on matrix.itasoftware.com at all? Just curious. Or Powertools.
They should show up there, but they show up on AlaskaAir.com too. Seeing them isn't the problem, it's the actual booking where you get partner confirm error message, I doubt going via ITA first would help with that.

I did just book something that I was having troubles with though, but that's happened before.
Old May 30, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: AS
Had the opposite issue where AA would not let me book an award seat with an Alaska leg. Called in (5 hour queue, thanks call back option) and they resolved it as if there was no issue. This was a same day booking however so that could have been the issue too
Old May 30, 2024, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I had the same issue trying to book SFO-ORD-MCI with codeshare. Tried for a few days and gave up. Now booked SFO-DFW-MCI with AA instead when the price dropped quite a lot.
SFO-ORD-MCI codeshare disappeared from AS site today, so maybe they managed to pull the phantom off the search results.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I too have been having an issue: found a flight I liked - AA flight - and added it to cart so I could book it with miles. Later clicked on my cart to finish the booking and got an error message, and now when I search for the same route that flight isn't showing up. I don't book with Alaska miles much and am unfamiliar with the system, but sounds like I'm not the only one to have this issue.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Agosti
I had the same issue trying to book SFO-ORD-MCI with codeshare. Tried for a few days and gave up. Now booked SFO-DFW-MCI with AA instead when the price dropped quite a lot.
SFO-ORD-MCI codeshare disappeared from AS site today, so maybe they managed to pull the phantom off the search results.
Today SFO-ORD-MCI codeshare showed up again. I tried to make a dummy booking and it went through, surprisingly. But I don't need it anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.