Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Delta seems to have discovered that it really didn’t like having customers with years of future status locked in.
Delta also has industry leading profits, operations, and customer satisfaction. Just a tad different than AS. Delta skypesos and status are not things they need to compete, but for AS the MP is one of the biggest competitive advantages.
williwaw likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Any more intel on the possibility of rollover miles into 2025?

If the business goal is to...well, increase business...it seems like announcing sooner than later would make sense.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My baseless suspicion is that rollover miles might be offered as Choice gift at year-end.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
If they do rollover again, wouldn’t it be a rollover of a roll over ? For instance I rolled over about 20K this year. I naturally fly about 115-120k EQM just on AS tin annually, thus at the end of this year I should be around. 130-140K EQM and if roll over next year I will have 30-40K rollover for which 15-20 was from prior year.

It’s actually been useful because I used miles for my European trips this year because didn’t need the EQMs.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Delta seems to have discovered that it really didn’t like having customers with years of future status locked in.
I also think Delta’s lesson was a good lesson for all frequent flyer programs. I think AS sees this, clear as mud, and will never be an ongoing feature. Requiring members to fly annually 100K or more seem like a good revenue guarantee.

Jiburi
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by jiburi
I also think Delta’s lesson was a good lesson for all frequent flyer programs. I think AS sees this, clear as mud, and will never be an ongoing feature. Requiring members to fly annually 100K or more seem like a good revenue guarantee.

Jiburi
but as DL continues the MQM (overall), one can extend their status (regardless of Platinum, or Diamond, whichever status one has in 2023) for even 10 years, if they have 1 million MQMs in the account.
olouie likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by lonelygod
but as DL continues the MQM (overall), one can extend their status (regardless of Platinum, or Diamond, whichever status one has in 2023) for even 10 years, if they have 1 million MQMs in the account.
But that’s a one time solution to the original problem of too much rollover.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:55 am

It seems to be a question of whether induced additional spend in the current year (due to rollover) is greater than forgone additional spend in subsequent years (due to lower qualification spending needed). Need some pretty good data we don't possess, although it seems logical it could be a wash. However, a dollar today is worth more than one tomorrow.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by flytoeat
It seems to be a question of whether induced additional spend in the current year (due to rollover) is greater than forgone additional spend in subsequent years (due to lower qualification spending needed). Need some pretty good data we don't possess, although it seems logical it could be a wash. However, a dollar today is worth more than one tomorrow.
And with the removal of the AS metal requirement, that spend may not even be directly with AS.
dayone likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:44 am

I am under the impression that the rollover feature is a one-time offer, and it’s stated that there are no plans to offer this in the future. Alaska has made it clear that this is not a new rollover feature. Did something change?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:31 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by dragond
I am under the impression that the rollover feature is a one-time offer, and it’s stated that there are no plans to offer this in the future. Alaska has made it clear that this is not a new rollover feature. Did something change?
Rollover Miles?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I'm going to wind up with 140K miles by the end of the year, if I include trips and tickets I've already paid for and budgeted. If they can's incentivize me after going over 100K, I will fly elsewhere. That's a pretty basic decision. I think all carriers need to address what they do for top mileage accumulators. If they don't, flyers won't be flying the carrier to achieve the "status" and will go with another carrier if the alternative status opportunity presents. Seems pretty basic.
I strongly urge AS to keep the rollover. It was a good move that still makes sense to name as a flyer. Even my wife is going to go over 100K this year and would like to keep the status perks.

Even AA had incentives after flyers go over 200K and beyond. I don't really fly DL much, but have lifetime Silver, after earlier spurts. I think their prices are high, but their service is quite good. But I will fly them if AS gets petty about the rollover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.