Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:34 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Rollover Miles?

Any geniuses out there have an inkling as to whether or no Alaska is going to repeat their rollover miles feature?

I'm trying to strategize summer and fall's ticket purchases to see if I'm going to give them money or just use miles.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
It's been strongly suggested they are going to keep it, a lot of folks are going to go over 100k and start building status elsewhere.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:00 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
That's where I am at. I'm taking new liking to Delta's level of inflight service (superior) and service recovery (far more choices.).DL has offered a status match I just cannot ignore. When i think of thge number of overnights in SEA and PDX, I'm looking hard at it.

Last edited by ftv; Mar 17, 2024 at 11:01 am Reason: typos
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
It's been strongly suggested they are going to keep it, a lot of folks are going to go over 100k and start building status elsewhere.
In typical AS logic they will wait until it’s too late to announce more roll overs. Unless they do that soon most of the rest of the year my business goes to other airlines since I’ll be over 100k.
ftv, ACBLtd, TalkingPoint and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by olouie
In typical AS logic they will wait until it’s too late to announce more roll overs. Unless they do that soon most of the rest of the year my business goes to other airlines since I’ll be over 100k.
Yup, of this I have no doubt. Just like our 100k upgrade certs, they will wait until like november to announce it when it's basically useless, then wonder why it didn't work the way they thought.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:37 pm
ftv
Original Poster

Me, too.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Until it is in writing, I certainly don't count on it.

It was a nice surprise and I think it is the right thing to do. I suppose there is a worst case analysis on how such a rule can be abused. Which one of you would be rolling over 200K in one year?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Until it is in writing, I certainly don't count on it.

It was a nice surprise and I think it is the right thing to do. I suppose there is a worst case analysis on how such a rule can be abused. Which one of you would be rolling over 200K in one year?
Delta seems to have discovered that it really didn’t like having customers with years of future status locked in.
anteater, PaperGlider and zdfld like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Where and by whom?

"Alaska is also launching a one-time benefit for its top-tier MVP Gold 100K members. Any EQMs earned beyond the required 100,000 EQMs for status will roll over to 2024."
beckoa, anteater and minhaoxue like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I going to say no and hopeful they do not. This, along with the double miles in February, are for the Max grounding. Inflating the 100K membership really dilutes the program for those of us who put our butts in seats organically, IMO.
dayone, Seattle123 and leroix like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:24 am
ftv
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I going to say no and hopeful they do not. This, along with the double miles in February, are for the Max grounding. Inflating the 100K membership really dilutes the program for those of us who put our butts in seats organically, IMO.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:25 am
ftv
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:28 am
ftv
Original Poster

Alaska artificially bloated the 100k ranks by gifting status to Delta Members and those who happen to work for certain favorite companies. Amazon drivers get benefits we have to earn
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Where and by whom?

"Alaska is also launching a one-time benefit for its top-tier MVP Gold 100K members. Any EQMs earned beyond the required 100,000 EQMs for status will roll over to 2024."
Several folks that have had calls with execs have said so. Long time flyers (2MM+ type guys).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by dayone
Where and by whom?

well DL has rollover miles until they said no to rollover miles.

I guess my point is it’s AS’s decision and it’s always subject to change. Just like the gold chocolate (a published benefit).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.