Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Delayed Flight - Will AS Lounge Stay Open? (Very Unlikely)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Have an upcoming flight that is delayed around 3 hours to 12:45am which puts departure past the LAX lounge closing hours. Does anyone know if the 11pm closing time is a hard time or do they keep the lounge open until the last flight has departed if there are delays?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: Yes
SOP is for the lounge to close as usual.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Its definitely a hard close lounge. 1045pm they warn ya, 11pm...they boot ya. They start start cleaning up about 1030 so they can get out of there quick.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:42 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
If you have the AS lounge+, walk over the T4/5 and use Admirals club which closes at 1am.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by rune87
Its definitely a hard close lounge. 1045pm they warn ya, 11pm...they boot ya. They start start cleaning up about 1030 so they can get out of there quick.
At SFO they start turning off the lights around 15 minutes to closing time.
dayone likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - useful information. Wish the lounge was open later with frequent delays these days but so it goes.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
Alaska looks at the lounge as a stand-alone product. With hours. Guidelines. Services.

It’s a product, not an amenity.

The bigger international carriers sell their lounges as an amenity - part of the experience for a premium fare.

if it’s an amenity, they have to work to match it to the product, and they do. If it’s a product, they manage the product. And for Alaska, it’s a product.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, I'd be very surprised if any US carrier kept their lounge open past the published closing time purely to accommodate pax on a delayed flight.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yeah, I'd be very surprised if any US carrier kept their lounge open past the published closing time purely to accommodate pax on a delayed flight.
I've heard of other airlines doing this. Not AS however.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
At LAX, the carpeted airside connector between Terminal 6 and 7 is a popular space for people to lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
At LAX, the carpeted airside connector between Terminal 6 and 7 is a popular space for people to lounge.
And to sleep, especially around that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.