Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:29 pm

Yeah…. even qantas FF has availability in J on CX
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:06 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Happy
US-China flights are still less than a few hundreds flights a month. As of end of October it was 24 flights each direction per week! 4x weekly numbers give you the per month figure roughly.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...r-connectivity

Before The Great Plaque it was close to 3,500 flights a month…. It will take a lot longer than the wishful thinking here, sadly.
DOT has agreed to increase frequencies of Chinese carriers from 35 to 50/week starting end of March:

美國運輸部同意下月底起增加每周飛往美國的航班至50班
http://news.now.com/home/internation...?newsId=551284

中方營運的中美航班下月底增加至每周50班
https://www.i-cable.com/%E6%96%B0%E8...%A850%E7%8F%AD

Still 1/3 of pre-pandemic 150/week https://www.i-cable.com/%E6%96%B0%E8...88%AA%E7%8F%AD

Last edited by percysmith; Feb 27, 2024 at 7:16 pm
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:51 pm

Loyaltylobby also reporting CX blocking Alaska MP from seeing availability https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/02/26/...y-from-alaska/
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Loyaltylobby also reporting CX blocking Alaska MP from seeing availability https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/02/26/...y-from-alaska/
just like how fast they ended the status match with Marriott Bonvoy.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 28, 2024 at 4:16 am Reason: Personal comment.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by percysmith
Just because these seats don't show up in the online search engine doesn't mean that they are not bookable by AA/AS. These programs have had a long history of that. When QF had their massive award drop last feb, none was visible on AS or AA. But based on personal experience and the dozens of datapoints that existed online, I believe all of the space was still bookable by AS/AA. I have made multiple CX J/F bookings this year using AS miles.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Just because these seats don't show up in the online search engine doesn't mean that they are not bookable by AA/AS. These programs have had a long history of that. When QF had their massive award drop last feb, none was visible on AS or AA. But based on personal experience and the dozens of datapoints that existed online, I believe all of the space was still bookable by AS/AA. I have made multiple CX J/F bookings this year using AS miles.
Do you mean that you have to call in to book the cx j/f ticket even though they are not showing in AS website? I am really hoping to get some J ticket to HK.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dect002
just like how fast they ended the status match with Marriott Bonvoy.
That almost like an insult. What partnership? and it actually gives CX members better benefits than the Bonvoy member... then it ended before getting started or similar to that nature. lol
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
this year, as in 2024?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: Booking.com VIP3/Agoda Platinum/Hotels.com Silver
Just tried the customer service line to book a long haul J which is available on QF/QR/AY, no luck. Agent could see only Y just like I did on the website.
I think I see it in the CX booking thread from AA forum that it's a POS issue, and it's bookable if calling customer service outside US. However for AS I think there is no oversea customer service center? All phone numbers listed on the website are just toll-free US numbers. Did you book it through US customer service number?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
actually gives CX members better benefits than the Bonvoy member...
The other way round?
Cathay SLs and bettter had the opportunity to match Marriott Gold, and fast track to Marriott Platinum
Marriott Golds and bettter had the opportunity to match to Cathay SL, and fast track to Cathay GO.

Cathay SLs have lounge, when flying on CX. Marriott Gold hardly has any benefits on its own.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Lots of J on ORD-HKG route this morning, I grabbed 9 of them before the AS devaluation starting tomorrow
andrew148 and CathayMVP like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler001
Lots of J on ORD-HKG route this morning, I grabbed 9 of them before the AS devaluation starting tomorrow
good job! I just go in now and don’t see anything. Did you call in?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler001
do u mind me asking which month? What was your strategy? I desperately need some tickets for my parents to go home.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Booked a one-way CX award on HKG-ORD. Should be able to use the HKG F lounge for a few hours first! Looking forward to it.
Question about seating: I've tried through the AS site and it directs me to the CX site, where it says to "contact your travel agent" since it's booked by a 3rd party (Alaska Air?).
Does this change or should I call?
Thanks!
CathayMVP likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Booked a one-way CX award on HKG-ORD. Should be able to use the HKG F lounge for a few hours first! Looking forward to it.
Question about seating: I've tried through the AS site and it directs me to the CX site, where it says to "contact your travel agent" since it's booked by a 3rd party (Alaska Air?).
Does this change or should I call?
Thanks!
Odd, you should be able to pull up all CX reservations booked via Alaska and select seats from there. I have booked a few Cathay flights over the last few months and all seats were picked directly on the Cathay website.

I would try one more time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.