Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anhuang19
Less the partner booking fee which is $12.50. Otherwise miles, taxes, and carrier imposed surcharges will be refunded in full.
Thanks for the reply.
Do I need to pay the partner booking fee again if I need to change the iternity?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Originally Posted by lingecw
Thanks for the reply.
Do I need to pay the partner booking fee again if I need to change the iternity?
No, for changes you only pay any difference in taxes & fees. You'd only need to pay the partner booking again if you cancel and then rebook.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Cuz they won’t. They can sell it all for cash right now. Not till they have excess inventory and know they can’t sell. Then they’ll release the award redemption.
It has nothing to do with that. They haven’t released their winter schedule so flights after late October aren’t even for sale period - for cash or for miles.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Is it OK to cancel or change one of the several people's tickets within one single PNR? Will it affect the others?
Is it doable to just split that person's itinerary out of the others? if yes, how?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by lingecw
Is it OK to cancel or change one of the several people's tickets within one single PNR? Will it affect the others?
Is it doable to just split that person's itinerary out of the others? if yes, how?
Yes. Call in to split.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
It has nothing to do with that. They haven’t released their winter schedule so flights after late October aren’t even for sale period - for cash or for miles.
The HK-Europe tickets and schedule for Nov Dec 2024 are actually available but not the SIN-HK ones. Any idea why and do you know when do they normally release the winter schedule?

Last edited by dccal; Jan 12, 2024 at 12:47 am
Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat
New AS MVP 75K/Emerald flying next week PDX-LAX-HKK-BKK Econ tick booked thru Cathay Pacific with the first leg on Alaska.

Wondering which lounges in LA and Hong Kong I’d be able to enter and bring wife on same ticket but no status? Thx.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Originally Posted by billk86
New AS MVP 75K/Emerald flying next week PDX-LAX-HKK-BKK Econ tick booked thru Cathay Pacific with the first leg on Alaska.

Wondering which lounges in LA and Hong Kong I’d be able to enter and bring wife on same ticket but no status? Thx.
As an OWE in HKG, you + one guest will get access to the wonderful Cathay Pacific First Class lounges; check out both if you have time.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by snsec
As an OWE in HKG, you + one guest will get access to the wonderful Cathay Pacific First Class lounges; check out both if you have time.
Excellent! Thx.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:49 am

For US-HKG I see several F awards in early December, late December and early January. But I don’t see mid December. Anyone have an explanation for this? Redemption for Asia Miles.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:50 am

Does this pertain to asia miles?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:31 am

Based on your username I will assume you're looking at LAX-HKG. CX did end up loading their schedule a week ago but they didn't actually load inventory to many of their flights. No inventory has been loaded past Jan 12 so I'm surprised you saw F space in Jan due to 1-5 being peak dates. In fact no F seats have been sold yet in January for LAX.

You won't see much mid-December yet because 2/3 of their LAX flights haven't loaded inventory for dates past Dec 8.

If you have questions about Asia Miles you should seek help in their forum.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:27 am

Still no Cathay F seats that can be booked with AS miles on any route anywhere in system?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: AS, DL
Originally Posted by dave9lax
Still no Cathay F seats that can be booked with AS miles on any route anywhere in system?
Neither do I see any J long haul from/to the US West Coast
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:13 am

Even within Asia there is no J available while there's tones of space if redeem using Asia Miles. Quite certain they are holding off the redemptions until the devaluations kick in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.