Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Aftermath Effects on and Status of AS MAX 9 Fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aftermath Effects on and Status of AS MAX 9 Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Any number of airlines run mixed fleets successfully I do agree that the 175 would be a great replacement for the 717's an enjoyable plane to fly on. AS will certainly be adding two isle planes in the future, how they go about it will be interesting do they add on the North Atlantic or stay in the warmer climates? Normally I would agree with all Boeing however BA overall management has failed for a number of years now, I believe this began with losing Mulally to Ford the direction of the company began to suffer and does to this day. Calhoun needs to go and new fresh top management team installed ( no pun ).
BA did not lose Alan to Ford, they could have put him in charge. But he wasn't an MDC guy.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by greg5
BA did not lose Alan to Ford, they could have put him in charge. But he wasn't an MDC guy.
He pulled Fords nuts and bolts ( no pun) out of the fire did a hell of a job there sorry I disagree he would have been what they needed.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by edgewood49
He pulled Fords nuts and bolts ( no pun) out of the fire did a hell of a job there sorry I disagree he would have been what they needed.
I think you might have misunderstood me. Not getting Alan back on board was BA's fault. It was indeed impressive what he did with Ford. Hiring McNerney from 3M was a major mistake looking back, but it was good for the 'Shareholder Value' at the time.

Count me as one of Alan's fans.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by greg5
I think you might have misunderstood me. Not getting Alan back on board was BA's fault. It was indeed impressive what he did with Ford. Hiring McNerney from 3M was a major mistake looking back, but it was good for the 'Shareholder Value' at the time.

Count me as one of Alan's fans.

All good! or as we use to say in the AF Mike Mike
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lensovet
Ummmm more like someone posted the wrong banner too soon.

Looking at the site here’s what I see

The return to service link similarly makes no mention of the inspections being completed for the entire fleet:
Yeah that banner is gone.

I did a really boneheaded thing, too. I saw the banner and I believed the banner. I said - "Ok - great! I'll cancel my backup reservation on AA for Monday because it looks like by preferred flight should be ok!"

And to think I've been flying this long. I never should have cancelled the backup reservation until the day of. I had been confirmed with a complimentary upgrade from economy to business on a 787 DFW-ORD - the last seat in that cabin - and I cancelled that backup. And then they took down the banner and cancelled my flight on Monday.

So now I'm on United for Monday. Economy minus for the first segment and economy plus for the second. No upgrade chance in hell. I'm usually not that stupid but this week I was. RIP my brain.
notquiteaff, Majuki and lensovet like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I never should have cancelled the backup reservation until the day of.
Yeah, I waited it out with my backup flight until it was certain my original itinerary would be a go. I have 0% confidence in AS's schedule for the next couple of weeks, especially if I have a flight on a MAX 9.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Majuki
Yeah, I waited it out with my backup flight until it was certain my original itinerary would be a go. I have 0% confidence in AS's schedule for the next couple of weeks, especially if I have a flight on a MAX 9.
​​​​​

100%. My AS flights before April are all OO/QX on the E.
lensovet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.