Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Had the "Steak and Shrimp" on BOS-SFO yesterday - probably the worst airline meal I've had and that's saying a lot.

Steak was beyond well-done, and had the

of leather.
Shrimp were slimy.

Also, what's going on with the bread? It looks like a dinner roll was divided into 4 pieces and then distributed; the butter pack is almost bigger
BOS-SEA on Friday night, I had the Jerk Chicken (very good), but my seatmate had the steak and shrimp. He at the shrimp, took one bite of the steak, put down his cutlery, and proceeded to eat an apple he had brought with him
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Originally Posted by psychtobe
1189 LAX-PDX 6 am departure

I had the breakfast sandwich. I didn't really like it. There's a kind of wet/slimy texture which I think is the cheese, contrasted with a cracker like english muffin. Also it's quite spicy for a breakfast dish - loaded with black pepper. I really like spicy food but this was misplaced for breakfast. Came with some grapes and apple slices.

FA was great.
psychtobe did the breakfast sandwich include any meat on it? I don't see a description on my offering. Not sure I want it anyway based on your description, but it's the only hot item offered on an upcoming SEA - SNA (the other choices are various fruit & granola, or the standard fruit/cheese plate).
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JayJ
02/03/2024
FLT 406
SEA-IAD

Had the Kalbi Beef. Never had Kalbi Beef made from Pot Roast. Could not taste the Kalbi sauce. Served with Brucheta, bread, and butter. I think the Kalbi Beef would taste better if made from flank steak.
I think the Kalbi Beef would taste better if made from flank steak if it was Kalbi Beef. There, fixed it for you!

(By definition, it is short rib, no?)
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:21 pm

Flying from IAD to SAN in a few weeks, this is what's on the pre-order menu. Any recommendations?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Feb 2024
JFK-PDX

Couldn’t help and ordered the steak again. The FA heated it completely. Nice job!!

sltlyamusd likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
AS cuisine surpasses the competition

This is indirectly an AS-related comment, as flying a competitor reminded me that we have it pretty good. I just flew AA from ORD-TPA in F, and I have to say the dinner entree was rather bad. The chicken was unseasoned, the sauce was bland, there was no roll, and the salad was just average. Moreover, the cheesecake did not even come close to the cheesecake I was served in November on ANC-OGG.

With that being said, at least I got a red wine PDB (served in plastic)!
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
AS 31 JFK-SEA. Standard breakfast offerings... but I managed to get a protein plate from the back.

Two comments (a.k.a. /begin rant)...

(1) It blows my mind that all three non-preorder mainstream contain pork. There is no avoiding it. I will not touch it and I generally will not eat anything that has touched it. Pork is gross. I had posted this on Facebook and the literal JFK catering manager actually messaged me asking what I'd prefer and she'd try to get an extra onboard. Sadly, it didn't make it, but I immensely appreciated the effort. And the protein plate was good anyway!
(2) I miss the fruit. The yogurt is meh. I like fruit better.

/end rant

I brought an egg sandwich and a slice bell pepper in caseiI was really out luck. I am taking this flight again next weekend and once again will bring my own food just in case. The current menu cycle cannot end soon enough

-J.
JIMCHI, ab2013, NoLaGent and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
It blows my mind that all three non-preorder mainstream contain pork. There is no avoiding it. I will not touch it and I generally will not eat anything that has touched it.

-J.
are you sure it’s pork? Asking because I don’t eat birds but two of the three breakfast options with meat on one of my regular routes right now contain chicken sausage, which I don’t eat.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
are you sure it’s pork? Asking because I don’t eat birds but two of the three breakfast options with meat on one of my regular routes right now contain chicken sausage, which I don’t eat.
Sadly, yes, The "parmesan scrambled eggs & bacon" contains smoked shoulder bacon; the "poblano corn omelet" is served with smoked paprika sausage (which AS confirmed via Twitter/X is pork sausage); and the "pulled pork breakfast scramble"... well,

Fruit & Cheese and the vegan "JUST Egg Mexican Egg Bites" are pre-order only, and I was upgraded about 10 minutes after the pre-order window closed. My flight back this afternoon has a nice chicken dish which I am looking forward to trying.

-J.
TheBeerHunter and NoLaGent like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:54 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Sadly, yes, The "parmesan scrambled eggs & bacon" contains smoked shoulder bacon; the "poblano corn omelet" is served with smoked paprika sausage (which AS confirmed via Twitter/X is pork sausage); and the "pulled pork breakfast scramble"... well,

Fruit & Cheese and the vegan "JUST Egg Mexican Egg Bites" are pre-order only, and I was upgraded about 10 minutes after the pre-order window closed. My flight back this afternoon has a nice chicken dish which I am looking forward to trying.

-J.
Never really noticed that before because I don’t avoid any type of meat. Does seem strange to only have pork as the protein in all the dishes considering a large portion of the world population chooses not to consume it.
NoLaGent, GW McLintock and willoL like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I finally tried the lentils and I think it's the 'best' of the current t-con meal options. I hated the steak and jerk chicken. But ready for a new menu.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ssk244
I finally tried the lentils and I think it's the 'best' of the current t-con meal options. I hated the steak and jerk chicken. But ready for a new menu.

<deleted image for readabilty>
This is the first time I'm seeing that and it looks excellent. I'm about to try the chicken and squash, but if I have the opportunity to pre-order next week I might just go for that.

And on that note... i think i may just stick with this next time

I wish there were a real salad instead of the bruschetta and burrata.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 10, 2024 at 4:54 pm
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:42 pm

BUR-PDX today. Had the chicken red pepper pesto sandwich pictured upthread. It was fine, but it was weirdly served not plated, but instead in the foil wrapper it was heated in.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
This is the first time I'm seeing that and it looks excellent. I'm about to try the chicken and squash, but if I have the opportunity to pre-order next week I might just go for that.

And on that note... i think i may just stick with this next time

I wish there were a real salad instead of the bruschetta and burrata.-J.
I agree....the side salads need to return!
willoL likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 11, 2024 at 8:23 am Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I agree....the side salads need to return!
be careful what you wish for…

HNL-SJC menu

I ordered the teriyaki short rib (husband had the bbq chicken)

starter was…raw cauliflower with a couple of raisins and, a pistachio or three. Unseasoned and totally tasteless.

Corn was unseasoned and rock hard, dried out.

The meat was ok. More chuck roast than short rib, though. Rice under the meat was edible. I left the rest.

I will do F&C, lentils or ravioli for the rest of this menu rotation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.